Thoughts? ASG Storm 360 Impact grenade

Mad Rag
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Don’t buy that. I’ve seen them in person and people on FB having the seals/ shell burst after a few throws. 

Do you want something that specifically throws BB’s everywhere? The problem with them is without a big loud bang, people don’t call their hits sometimes. 

1 minute ago, Immortal said:

Get a TRMR, get a multi shot base and never need to purchase another grenade again....

deffo be getting a trmr at some point but just wondered out of curiosity 

Just done a mock up shopping spree this is the kinda kit im wanting to get again thoughts? 

image.thumb.png.acf85f3949ab887c30b40f8f7c2734a4.png

or do you think im better with tawain gun. 

The ASG mk23 is terribly overpriced, you can find them for £40. Look for the STTI ST23, it's the same exact gun without the markup from ASG.

You need a keymod rail section to mount that grip, you're better off with a keymod specific grip

Ditch the battery and go for a 7.4v LiPo + LiPo charger, a bit more expensive but you'll thank me later.

1 minute ago, Skara said:

The ASG mk23 is terribly overpriced, you can find them for £40. Look for the STTI ST23, it's the same exact gun without the markup from ASG.

You need a keymod rail section to mount that grip, you're better off with a keymod specific grip

Ditch the battery and go for a 7.4v LiPo + LiPo charger, a bit more expensive but you'll thank me later.

Agree with Skara do you really need a torch I play out doors and mine is left in my holdall you could put that money towards a lipo and charger which you'll see miles more use out of,I'd even think twice about a pistol do you really need it right now,its stuff to think about if this is your complete budget as for TaiwanGun I've not long ago received my order from them and I have to say very impressed good prices,plenty of feedback and everything well packaged I'll be using them again very soon 

Any questions you know where to find me'all the best mate 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Mad Rag said:

deffo be getting a trmr at some point but just wondered out of curiosity 

Just done a mock up shopping spree this is the kinda kit im wanting to get again thoughts? 

image.thumb.png.acf85f3949ab887c30b40f8f7c2734a4.png

or do you think im better with tawain gun. 

Me personally I’d say get your games in so you can register no two tone needed then , flashlight do you really need one ? I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve needed one , batteries get them from components shop much cheaper . The guns you can’t buy from TG without a UKARA Number so again get your games in and get on the register . 

2 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Me personally I’d say get your games in so you can register no two tone needed then , flashlight do you really need one ? I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve needed one , batteries get them from components shop much cheaper . The guns you can’t buy from TG without a UKARA Number so again get your games in and get on the register . 

Words from the wise right there,thanks Druid for your advice about TaiwanGun worked a charm I'm now looking at there chest rigs for AKs or maybe spending quite a bit more and getting one of these https://grey-shop.ru/Vest/Molle-Vest/Vest-Alpha

@Druid799 @Skara @StayOnTarget

thanks for the feedback it was just a mock order and im not ordering anything just now. id like a torch as play a mix of cbq and outdoors even with the outdoors theres  dark rooms and buildings and stuff that are dark. asg thanks for letting me know on that.

thanks again all for the feedback. !!!!!!!!!!!!

thoughts on the cm16 though 

13 hours ago, Mad Rag said:

@Druid799 @Skara @StayOnTarget

thanks for the feedback it was just a mock order and im not ordering anything just now. id like a torch as play a mix of cbq and outdoors even with the outdoors theres  dark rooms and buildings and stuff that are dark. asg thanks for letting me know on that.

thanks again all for the feedback. !!!!!!!!!!!!

thoughts on the cm16 though 

For the price you cant go wrong one of the skirmish sites uses raiders as hire guns they shoot good out of the box look good and are easy to mod if you decide on one run it stock for a good while I've seen them run on both 7.4 and 11.1 lipo but I use 7.4 in all my stuff and am more than happy,still have a search around for a torch and do a bit of homework on your rail system as i can see its neither has keymod or RAS on the sides  to see which attachment will fit direct to avoid paying extra for rail adaptors you could put a torch on top and activate it with either thumb quite easily thus avoiding a pressure pad altogether and you can use it as a hand stop if you use a c-clamp grip,airsoft is such fun when it comes to choosing how to kit yourself and your RIFs out!👍

I have no experience with either but I've read a lot of people shitting on the mosfet and seen people advise to buy the version without the mosfet. 

But I don't know can't believe everything on the internet some people will tell you that the gears are made of chocolate. 

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Musica said:

I have no experience with either but I've read a lot of people shitting on the mosfet and seen people advise to buy the version without the mosfet. 

But I don't know can't believe everything on the internet some people will tell you that the gears are made of chocolate. 

Me personally I don’t buy in to the whole “you must have a mosfet or your guns internals will melt !” Thing , yes I do like the idea of the ones that you can change the fire mode with (I’ve always like 3rd burst over full auto) it but as to ‘factory fitted’ ones , if the gun from a recognised manufacturer can be bought for around £100-150 mark , then once EVERYONE has had there cut to make a profit , how much did it cost to actually make ? which then makes you think how much did the components cost , especially the ones like the mosfet ? 

Well, my arp9 won't cycle on 7.4s because of the ETU 😕

20 minutes ago, Skara said:

Well, my arp9 won't cycle on 7.4s because of the ETU 😕

I believe the arp9 was designed to use 11.1. lipos unlike most cheap airsoft guns which are designed to run on the NIMH 8.4v or somthing. You can run an ARP9 on a 7.4 but it won't last long because the mosfets low voltage detection kicks in a lot sooner for the 7.4. 

1 minute ago, Musica said:

I believe the arp9 was designed to use 11.1. lipos unlike most cheap airsoft guns which are designed to run on the NIMH 8.4v or somthing. You can run an ARP9 on a 7.4 but it won't last long because the mosfets low voltage detection kicks in a lot sooner for the 7.4. 

While it may be true for the ARP, most of my teammates use G&Gs with ETUs and they also have troubles with 7.4s

I think the newer gen mosfets solved the issue, but still, it's a cheap electronic board.

The good thing is that it doesn't require a custom made shell like Ares does with their EFCS (which is great, never failed me in 3+ years)

3 hours ago, Skara said:

While it may be true for the ARP, most of my teammates use G&Gs with ETUs and they also have troubles with 7.4s

I think the newer gen mosfets solved the issue, but still, it's a cheap electronic board.

The good thing is that it doesn't require a custom made shell like Ares does with their EFCS (which is great, never failed me in 3+ years)

Hmm did some more digging found stuff on sales pages like "* This product requires a 11.1v Li-Po to operate. Lower voltage batteries will not be recognised by the ETU." It's possible a large capacity 7.4v could appear to "work" but based on this on the sales page if I got a G&G I'd probably buy a 11.1v to run it on not because I want the higher ROF but just as it seems designed for it. Can see this pissing players off with older batteries.  

https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/gg-cm16-srxl-mosfet-etu/

I have a ASG tornado grenade and have nothing but problems with it...the seals burst to easy or leaks like a mofo..every game I've used it I've had to replace the o-ring in it as it leaks after you've used it a few times or is slow leaks and when u do go to use it, it does not work..Save yourself £50.

Archived