Begginer noob

Lomas
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm literally the beginner king, I've wanted to get in to airsoft for some time now but it's just I don't really want to go alone, & I'm not entirelysure how it will be for a noob such as myself, I want to buy myself a few essentials before I go such as footwear, gloves nothing to extreme, but I'm still going to be that guy with his hood up looking way out of place but I honestly wanted to give it a go and actually get in to the sport regularly, if anybody around Nottinghamshire area and can tell me about a few sites I'd like to know and hopefully meet someone there and not be a loner noob on my first time haha.

Regards 

Lomas

• Supporters

Don't be put off: plenty of folk pop their airsoft cherry solo.  I did.  It's super easy to get talking to folk at an airsoft game - just ask them about their guns and they'll bend your ear off.

Tryst me this cherry needs to be popped😂, like I just don't want to overspend and not enjoy it as much as I think I will, but I agree we all started as a noob, I forget sometimes everyone started some were 

Thanks.

Hi

Before rushing out to spend, play a few games, get UKARA sorted.  The only thing I would say is get your own eyepro, facepro, gloves  and boots (unless you already have hiking boots).  Lots of recommendations if you search the forum.

For the rest, have a look round when you play to see what you like and what others wear/carry.

Cheers

G

26 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Hi

Before rushing out to spend, play a few games, get UKARA sorted.  The only thing I would say is get your own eyepro, facepro, gloves  and boots (unless you already have hiking boots).  Lots of recommendations if you search the forum.

For the rest, have a look round when you play to see what you like and what others wear/carry.

Cheers

G

I was thinking that, I didn't really want to spend to much before actually trying the sport don't get me wrong I'm pretty sure I'll love it, but I agree it would be silly to rush in to buying things, only things I'd like to get off the bat is boots, gloves and I was looking at the onetigris interchangeable face mask/helmet but I can't find any English reviews so it kinda puts me off it😂 & yes I will be waiting for the ukara before I buy any gun I'd hate to see a two tone applied to a gun especially one I'm forking out for.

thanks

Reece

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Have a read of all the pinned (sticky) topics in each section.  Start here

2 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

This 'un?

61DtPywIn0L._SL1001_.jpg

Reviews suggest bad fogging, I'd skip that.

That's the exact one I was looking it, even there tactical helmets without the face mask don't get great reviews yet there around 50-60 quid, is there any other tactical helmets you recommend around that same price? 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Lomas said:

That's the exact one I was looking it, even there tactical helmets without the face mask don't get great reviews yet there around 50-60 quid, is there any other tactical helmets you recommend around that same price? 

Get yourself some Dye i4s and a generic fast helmet. TMC make a nice airframe which I'm rocking right now but I started off with a cheap £10 one from eBay. 

1 hour ago, Gepard said:

Get yourself some Dye i4s and a generic fast helmet. TMC make a nice airframe which I'm rocking right now but I started off with a cheap £10 one from eBay. 

Yeah man, I'm going to have a look tonight didn't really want to over spend nor under spend, just so it's in the range of does the job aswell as not being overly priced

there is a lot of copies and reproduction kit. One thing not to get from china is your eye protection.

dye masks will cover your ears and full face. or grab a pair of goggles and run a mesh mask the most popular seems to be https://www.amazon.co.uk/OneTigris-Tactical-Protective-Paintball-Adjustable-x/dp/B01KDWEB3G/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1548191653&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=one+tigiris

For goggles theres so many out there would I would look for thermal lenses. 2 panels, double glazing for your eyes. Avoid mesh ones as poor quality bbs can fragment on impact in to your eye.

Boots, gloves, eye pro, facepro and knee pads can all be good investments before your gun.

42 minutes ago, Musica said:

there is a lot of copies and reproduction kit. One thing not to get from china is your eye protection.

dye masks will cover your ears and full face. or grab a pair of goggles and run a mesh mask the most popular seems to be https://www.amazon.co.uk/OneTigris-Tactical-Protective-Paintball-Adjustable-x/dp/B01KDWEB3G/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1548191653&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=one+tigiris

For goggles theres so many out there would I would look for thermal lenses. 2 panels, double glazing for your eyes. Avoid mesh ones as poor quality bbs can fragment on impact in to your eye.

Boots, gloves, eye pro, facepro and knee pads can all be good investments before your gun.

My plan was to invest in boots, gloves and knee pads but wasn't to sure if I should wait before I buy the face and eye protection, as I was going to use the rentals but wold the be worth getting eye protection first? Also I've had a look at some of the bolle and valken goggles what's people's opinions on them? 

3 minutes ago, Lomas said:

My plan was to invest in boots, gloves and knee pads but wasn't to sure if I should wait before I buy the face and eye protection, as I was going to use the rentals but wold the be worth getting eye protection first? Also I've had a look at some of the bolle and valken goggles what's people's opinions on them? 

I used rental face protection first time and never again. Can't speak for the site you will use but mine was cheap mesh masks it looked like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Protective-Halloween-Airsoft-Paintball-Skeleton/dp/B074MTPM5R/ref=pd_sbs_200_4/258-0358113-8058063?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B074MTPM5R&pd_rd_r=e516aafe-1e91-11e9-aafa-01af4f390c22&pd_rd_w=Y5HBs&pd_rd_wg=uPM0v&pf_rd_p=18edf98b-139a-41ee-bb40-d725dd59d1d3&pf_rd_r=1AMS50H60NZW5F83EHKB&psc=1&refRID=1AMS50H60NZW5F83EHKB

It lowered my v isibility significantly in two ways. Periphepral vision and less light being let through because of the mesh. Also other sweat people had used it before my sweaty head got in it previously.. Combined with mesh being not as safe as proper eye protection I would never wear it again.

Be carful with knee pads often they end up around your ankles check reviews etc and try to size correctly as the wrong size will never stay in place. I am thinking of getting the dye knee pads as I have a dodgy knee and they seem like a brace and a pad which should help me not injur myself.

56 minutes ago, Musica said:

I used rental face protection first time and never again. Can't speak for the site you will use but mine was cheap mesh masks it looked like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Protective-Halloween-Airsoft-Paintball-Skeleton/dp/B074MTPM5R/ref=pd_sbs_200_4/258-0358113-8058063?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B074MTPM5R&pd_rd_r=e516aafe-1e91-11e9-aafa-01af4f390c22&pd_rd_w=Y5HBs&pd_rd_wg=uPM0v&pf_rd_p=18edf98b-139a-41ee-bb40-d725dd59d1d3&pf_rd_r=1AMS50H60NZW5F83EHKB&psc=1&refRID=1AMS50H60NZW5F83EHKB

It lowered my v isibility significantly in two ways. Periphepral vision and less light being let through because of the mesh. Also other sweat people had used it before my sweaty head got in it previously.. Combined with mesh being not as safe as proper eye protection I would never wear it again.

Be carful with knee pads often they end up around your ankles check reviews etc and try to size correctly as the wrong size will never stay in place. I am thinking of getting the dye knee pads as I have a dodgy knee and they seem like a brace and a pad which should help me not injur myself.

If that's the case I'll definitely be looking into eye and face protection before I go I don't mind buying all those stuff before hand, it's just knowing on which goggle to get as I'm not rearly feeling a full face mask

i am new as well but I got pyramex i force goggled. I haven't used them  yet so can't speak to their anti fog but they don't seem to block any vision when I put them on and full seal. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pyramex-Safety-I-Force-SB7020SDT-Fire-Resistant/dp/B0070SISR2?th=1

paired with a baseball hat and the lower facemask I linked earlier. tempted to get ear defenders as the grenades are really loud https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073QZ7Q1T/?coliid=I99LDA471R498&colid=2FDIRCNJ9RIDK&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it would also  stop you getting shot in the ear. when you add it all up a dye i4 isn't too bad either but some people don't want the speedsoft/painball vibe.

2 minutes ago, Lomas said:

What's people's opinions on these? 

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/revision-desert-locust-goggles-used-us-military-issue-product,21244

Watched a few reviews but there like 5 years old, but they seem like they could handle the beat?

Not sure though 

Bet advise I can give you is if they're the same lenses material as revision sawflies you'll be fine. 

That actually sound not to bad, I'm definitely going to get the onetigris face mask the reviews on that are incredible,  just want some nice goggles to go with and then go from there 

1 minute ago, Vulpiness said:

Bet advise I can give you is if they're the same lenses material as revision sawflies you'll be fine. 

I'll have a look around at that, the reviews for revision are good so fingers crossed haha 

Hi Lomas

Welcome to the forum

I'm Mansfield based and just getting back in to the game after very long time.

20 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

This 'un?

61DtPywIn0L._SL1001_.jpg

Reviews suggest bad fogging, I'd skip that.

where is this?im in love

@Lomas 

I’m new to the sport too, I have only played 2 games and bloody love it. I did my first game on my own but the other players and the marshals are great and will guide you through anything.

First and fore most as others have said, eye pro. Don’t get anything cheap and don’t get anything from china. If you search eye-pro testing on YouTube there’s a great reviews video where he test all different eye pros.

I would defo suggest gloves the knuckle shots hurt and good footwear you don’t want to be going away with a broken/sprained ankle.

I got most of my gear from ebay so would maybe look there. If the eyepro is cheap don’t get it.

Hope this helps in a way and hope you enjoy the sport!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OneTigris-Integrated-Tactical-Removable-Multicam/dp/B074M2TWKP/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1548251713&sr=8-8&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=onetigris&dpPl=1&dpID=51ty22shojL&ref=plSrch

But the reviews ain't that great so I'm personally gonna look some were else, just going  to get some nice ballistic goggles, onetigris face mask, and go from there with head protection, definitely want the gloves my hands take too much punishment as it is haha😂

38 minutes ago, Flintlock said:

Hi Lomas

Welcome to the forum

I'm Mansfield based and just getting back in to the game after very long time.

Hi man,

Well I'm like basically a noob through out at this moment, yet to have my first game but was definitely looking to get maybe one or two in February if your ever about & can deal with a noob with questions lol

13 minutes ago, Lomas said:

Hi man,

Well I'm like basically a noob through out at this moment, yet to have my first game but was definitely looking to get maybe one or two in February if your ever about & can deal with a noob with questions lol

Don't worry I'm a noob as well.

I used to play once a month with friends about 12 years back. At the time a few of use were looking to buy our own gear and start a small team, but time passed and we all lost touch.
I have been buying a few bits second had or sale stuff over the last few months and no want to get a few game in.
I'm happy to help with question if I can, but I'm still learning myself.

1 hour ago, Flintlock said:

Don't worry I'm a noob as well.

I used to play once a month with friends about 12 years back. At the time a few of use were looking to buy our own gear and start a small team, but time passed and we all lost touch.
I have been buying a few bits second had or sale stuff over the last few months and no want to get a few game in.
I'm happy to help with question if I can, but I'm still learning myself.

Well in honesty I would rather have someone to play with than go on my own, I've ordered myself a few bits aswell just need to get myself sorted other than that I'm down to go anytime next month, if your available to go that is haha, it would be my first game so Idon't probably be of no use for the first couple of games😂

16 minutes ago, Lomas said:

Well in honesty I would rather have someone to play with than go on my own, I've ordered myself a few bits aswell just need to get myself sorted other than that I'm down to go anytime next month, if your available to go that is haha, it would be my first game so Idon't probably be of no use for the first couple of games😂

Yeah sounds good to me ... I have some on and off work stuff Feb, but I'm sure we can sort something.

Are you on Facebook? Pm me a link if you are

Archived