Blackhawk kneepads larvae?

Guest Failism
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Failism

So i got some blackhawk knee pads from ebay today and after looking at them i noticed on the left one that there was some brownish yellow thing stuck to it, at first I didn't really think anything of it until i tried to get rid of it. I started to poke a bit of it and then something that looks like larvae came out of the other end??? During this I thought that the right one was fine however, I've now noticed that inside of the vent holes on the pad it self there looks like theres more in there but I can't get to it.

Don't really know what to do about this tbh.

Spoiler

1668799571_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.d5b1c7bc21ea5ca85bb8302fca2512a8.jpg1991165582_s-l1600(2).thumb.jpg.6db4a048aa16cb82e8fb98e9da6c312e.jpg

I'd contact the seller and get him to send you a new pair, but that's probably because my reaction would be to burn it with fire, agent orange and anything else to make sure it was dead 😉

Cheers

G

If that's a carpet or hide beetle larvae, you're FUCKED. 

Moth stop is what you'll need, here's a guide. 

God help you if it is. 

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/325180755_Identifying_insect_pests_in_museums_and_heritage_buildings

Looks like a caterpillar to me. But pics are not great quality of the beastie.

Guest Failism
50 minutes ago, Vulpiness said:

If that's a carpet or hide beetle larvae, you're FUCKED. 

Moth stop is what you'll need, here's a guide. 

God help you if it is. 

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/325180755_Identifying_insect_pests_in_museums_and_heritage_buildings

doesn't look the ones mentioned in the guide, it was yellow with a brown tip. As far as I know there were only 2 alive inside, safe to say they are no longer alive. I've left the knee pads in our unused greenhouse for now so if whatever's in the vent hole is alive it wont get into the house. 

Archived