Transferable Mosfet ?

Tackle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hey guys,

got a question, all of my many aeg's are "old skool" models, non recoil/stock internals etc, & not being a big fan of hosefests I only use single shot with the occasional very short burst, so I was thinking about 'fets (I've never had one), to allow me to restrict bursts to prob 3 bb's per trigger pull, my question relates to inline battery compartment 'fets, if I had one suitably programmed & fitted in one gun, if I was to remove it from one gun mid game, can I then stick it straight in to another aeg without reprogramming ?, will it work the same with no issues ?

thanks in advance 

mark

You would always have to re-program it.

There is a reason.

A fet with a 3rnd or any number of set multiple shots. Uses a clock and counts time intervals not shots.

The Clock is part of the main microchip design, It counts very quickly. When you program the fet it times the gearbox. Then uses a basic counting circuit using that timer value to produce your burst number. It's a variation of a JK flip flop.

Moving the fet unprogrammed will lead to a situation where the fet (been essentially stupid) is just going to count to 3 and cut power. Regardless of where that happens to be on the gearbox cycle.

This system is used because most fets do not use a sensor for the COL. So they have no idea where the gearbox is in terms of the cycle.

Some of the more fancy units might be able to tell... But then you would need the special contacts inside the gearbox, and the whole point of moving the fet is lost. This is the reason units like the Titan can do so much, No only do they have a timed value for the gearbox cycle, they also have a reference point via the COL. So using a microprocessor they can pause the motor briefly to extend cycle times or stop the gearbox at a particular stage of the cycle (pre-cock). They can also save some information like shots taken for milsim-mode, Or add a delay between trigger pulls even if the trigger wasn't released. Clever stuff, but also vastly more complicated than the basic fet, or basic 3rd burst unit.

For basic plug and play have a look at units like the gate Warfet, Merf, and the Burst wizard units. You would still need to convert all of your guns to use a Mosfet if you wanted it to protect the contacts as well... It's not a true plug and play solution for contact protection. So you would have to run separate trigger contacts to the motor wires for every gun and use a 4 pin connector or 2x 2 pin connectors inside each gun.

The Merf and BW are capable of providing burst options when used without trigger wires as a direct in-line solution without a rewire.

The burst wizard and merf is probably the closest you will get to plug and play. Both loose features if you don't have the trigger wired in. The disadvantage of the both BW and Merf is you have to have a book of commands. And go through menus in a very convoluted fashion. I would not call the menu system easy. So read the manual for non-hardwired on this page, and work out if it's right for you... For me, it certainly isn't.

http://www.aegwizard.com/about.html

The merf has a better system of commands and LED indicators for mode select status. So it's easier. It also has a manual adjust in 4-millisecond increments.

The Warfet takes what the merf does and adds an easy read program card. That can be used to program without needing to carry the book of commands. It'll still work as a plug and play solution (without protecting the contacts). You pay a premium for the card it costs a good £20-30 more than either the BW or merf. It is however significantly easier to program.

https://www.gatee.eu/manuals

Archived