Ares Amoeba Striker AS-01/AS-02 Owners Thread

Solly4568

On 22/06/2020 at 21:37, Skara said:

The more I take this gun apart to clean/change parts, the more I wish I bought a VSR.

My ML decepticon got literally chewed to shit by the nozzle, feed lips resemble a well used vagina now 😕 fun fact: the hop had less than 200 rounds put through it.

Plus it was a complete bitch to reassemble the hop unit, once again.

Sell it for more than RRP, just make sure you use the term "fully upgraded" as that triples the price guaranteed.

Then buy a VSR.

• Supporters
On 22/06/2020 at 21:37, Skara said:

My ML decepticon got literally chewed to shit by the nozzle, feed lips resemble a well used vagina now 😕

That's a problem of ML bucking, not the gun. All my ML buckings looked like shit after a very short use. I have flamingo in the Striker.

1 hour ago, YungGooGoo said:

Can an AS-02 hop 0.43g bbs? Maple leaf autobot (60 degrees), Omega nub and stock hop chamber. Cheers.

Of course, given you replace the arm with a gunsmithy one :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

New to the forum and topic, got a few issues with my striker i cant get my head around.

current upgrades;

AA hop up chamber 

AA hop up adjuster

ML 75 bucking

ML omega nub

ML 310 BARREL

Ares CPSB cylinder kit

Lycan sear

everything worked fine until i installed the sear and cylinder kit now for some abnormal reason the BB's either have no hop and flop out or they get jammed in the barrel.

any help would be awesome 

Well, what cylinder kit is that?

Because Ares cylinders are shit at best, maybe the new cylinder head does some funny stuff inside the AA chamber.

9 hours ago, Skara said:

Well, what cylinder kit is that?

Because Ares cylinders are shit at best, maybe the new cylinder head does some funny stuff inside the AA chamber.

I did change it back to the standard head that came with slight improvement but not much better, I'm down to either the sear as thats the newest edition to the rifle or possibly the piston as it all came as a kit, maybe the 2 don't mesh well together.

edit; the kit is the "ares compact power spring bolt" for the striker upgraded version if that makes any difference 

Dude the whole system is called CPSB.

There is a full co2 cylinder kit, a couple of cylinders, two pistons and at least two full bolts under that name.

Do you have a link or a product code we can look up?

Regarding your issue, it is typical of a fucked up hop (arm not applying constant pressure, tensioner being loose or rubber being shanked), although if you say it worked fine before installing the new cylinder head we can rule that out.

Could be the "upgraded" cylinder head being too long, pushing the bb past the contact patch, which would explain the lack of backspin.

What's the issue with your previous cylinder and sear?

Thanks for the help turned out to be the piston in the end, threw the old one back in and works perfect now, so i think the plastic on the piston that came with it is rubbing on it that or its getting caught on the sear, i'll investigate further when i have more time. 

The product was;

https://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=11541

just the standard upgrade kit complete with steel cylinder, shorter spring guide, some spring most prob the ares 500 fps one and the piston you can buy from pretty much anywhere.

https://www.skirmshop.co.uk/ares-cpsb-45-piston-for-striker-as01.html piston.

How a piston jams bbs is beyond me btw.

Glad that you found the issue :)

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning chaps.

Unfortunately I'm having to move back to the Southwest due to a change of circumstances (getting sacked for taking unpaid time off to look after my mother while she was in palliative care).

Both of the sites near the new place run a 450fps limit for sniper rifles and my as02 was build for more standard 500fps limits (bespoke ed1 kit, aa hop up chamber, modify beige bucking) 

Does anyone know what spring would be appropriate for running under the 450 limit? Are the FPS ratings comparable to how an AEG reacts to the same springs? 

I suppose you have a M150 in there, I reckon a M120/M130 will do.

6 minutes ago, Schnakey said:

Yep, m150 is currently installed. 

Just spotted that the closest site only allows their own bios and they only go up to .30! Not sure it'll be worth sniping there if that's all I have to okay with.

.30s are perfectly useable to be fair.

• 1 month later...

Good morning all. My Striker AS02 has developed a fault and I'm hoping those more knowledgeable than me can help. When I try to cycle the bolt it only moves a couple of mm before it feels like there's something stopping it. Does anyone know what's causing this and how to fix it? It has the stock internal parts 

All help is much appreciated 

59 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Good morning all. My Striker AS02 has developed a fault and I'm hoping those more knowledgeable than me can help. When I try to cycle the bolt it only moves a couple of mm before it feels like there's something stopping it. Does anyone know what's causing this and how to fix it? It has the stock internal parts 

All help is much appreciated 

No clue.

Could be the sear sitting too high?

• 4 weeks later...

I have the As-01 and all I have done is put in an m150 or m140 (I cant remember) what are the first couple of upgrades that I should make. I am trying to keep the price below $100 or 85 euros on the upgrades but If there is something really good just out of the price range then I could do it. Also I am not very technically advanced when It comes to internal upgrades but I can figure stuff out.

Sell it and get a 02.

Well I don't want to do that I like the size of the 01 better and I got it for christmas don't want to hurt feelings.

i've read some stuff about the barrel being to long because of loss of air before the bb leaves or something and everything that Ive read says to shorten the barrel but is there a way to fix that without shortening the barrel.

45 minutes ago, Airsofter69 said:

is there a way to fix that without shortening the barrel.

yeah, a €350+ cylinder kit from EdGi.

A new gun is €150.

Do your math.

Also accuracy (if we can call it accuracy) is not related to barrel length.

Actually, people have better results (so more consistency) from shorter barrels than with longer ones.

9 minutes ago, Airsofter69 said:

Then why are barrels usually so long on sniperss

The short answer is because airsoft manufacturers don't tend to (mass) produce replicas with optimisation in mind. Very much a case of 'which inner barrel fits in the outer barrel' rather than 'which inner barrel works the best with our cylinder size'.