Ares Amoeba Striker AS-01/AS-02 Owners Thread

Solly4568

• Supporters

Never charge any airsoft spring boltie like in that video.

As for the problem. You should find out what exactly stops it from going fully forward. The hop unit, the bucking, something in the receiver or the trigger unit. Take it apart and examine combination without the others.

32 minutes ago, Samurai said:

Never charge any airsoft spring boltie like in that video.

As for the problem. You should find out what exactly stops it from going fully forward. The hop unit, the bucking, something in the receiver or the trigger unit. Take it apart and examine combination without the others.

I've had a good look ever it as you said and it seems as though the spring is pushing the actual cylinder out those last 2mm, as there is spring retention on those last 2mm. I might be wrong but it looks like there is a small amount of play between where the body pin and the spring guide sit, if I were to mill out the bottom of the inside of the cylinder, just enough to close the gap so the body pin and spring guide are touching, theoretically it should get ride of the stiff bolt return? 

• Supporters

That doesn't sound right. Don't mill out anything until absolutely sure that's what's needed.

If it's like a spring then can't it be pinching the hopup rubber?

I meant to take it apart and get the cylinder out, get the hop unit out with the barrel and try to push them together. Or just the bolt with the receiver, but without the barrel and hop. Etc.

On 10/05/2020 at 17:14, Samurai said:

That doesn't sound right. Don't mill out anything until absolutely sure that's what's needed.

If it's like a spring then can't it be pinching the hopup rubber?

I meant to take it apart and get the cylinder out, get the hop unit out with the barrel and try to push them together. Or just the bolt with the receiver, but without the barrel and hop. Etc.

I did as you said and took it apart and compared and everything else works together as it should. It's definitely the this gap between where the spring guide sits and the body pin, the pictures probably aren't doing any justice but hopefully you can see what I mean.

20200512_003118.jpg

Na man it can't be that, think about it you bolt still goes in to the hop unit even if it takes some doing. You not bending metal like that every time. I had a similar problem for a while, put the whole thing back together without the new sear and see if the works, if it does, take a file and drag it across the sides of the sear which is what helped with mine. Don't mill out you bolt they all have a gap like that 

• 3 weeks later...

Awaiting to receive my AS-01 today. Read up on his thread yesterday before making he purchase.

Excited!

14 minutes ago, Damion said:

Awaiting to receive my AS-01 today. Read up on his thread yesterday before making he purchase.

Excited!

If you had really read this thread, then why did you buy the 01? :D

Cos I’m a techy and can do wonders with airsoft rifs. And something to do besides working.

4 minutes ago, Damion said:

Cos I’m a techy and can do wonders with airsoft rifs. And something to do besides working.

Fair enough :)

Although the 02 would've been better in any department, and cheaper to work with as it needs less stuff done to it :)

• 2 weeks later...

AS03 front end is €50 posted from Ares.

Should I do it??

11 hours ago, Skara said:

AS03 front end is €50 posted from Ares.

Should I do it??

No...I sent mine back, got a refund in the end..

So much for that..lol..

Should've picked a 02 mate ;)

Or an actual VSR

Hi All 

I have bought an AS02 from someone online.

It has the AA hopup fitted. Whenever a bb is loaded it just rolls out of the barrel.

Do you know what might cause this and how to fix please

8 minutes ago, AJ_WORSELL said:

Hi All 

It has the AA hopup fitted. Whenever a bb is loaded it just rolls out of the barrel.

That sounds like there is no hop being applied to the rubber/BB. Try using the allen key to turn the grub screw on the top rail to see if the hop will engage.

This should fix it but if not come back and we can trouble shoot it together  

13 minutes ago, AJ_WORSELL said:

Hi All 

If you got the standard hop unit use that with a gunsmithy pro strike hop arm. If you don’t have the standard hop, ermm... buy one 😂

16 minutes ago, Solly4568 said:

That sounds like there is no hop being applied to the rubber/BB. Try using the allen key to turn the grub screw on the top rail to see if the hop will engage.

This should fix it but if not come back and we can trouble shoot it together  

Yh turns out thats what it was, thanks for the help.

8 minutes ago, Hinuga said:

Hey guys,

I just saw the bigger air volume cylinder by Ares on the Redwolf site, sadly out of stock. I'm really curious about the performance, does anyone have any experience with it?

It's shit. Just like every single Ares product.

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I bought a Rocket m150 spring for my AS02 and once installed i cannot pull the trigger.

The spring is slightly longer than the one in the gun previously.

Does anyone have any advice on what may cause this? I am assuming its the spring if so what are the best springs to order please.

Hi

I also have the below for sale on ebay of anyone is interested.

I bought an upgraded bolt then the gun i bought had the upgraded bolt already so selling this one.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575378759&campid=5338273189&customid=&icep_item=143633967193&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111

Put it on the classifieds too :)

1 hour ago, AJ_WORSELL said:

Just done that now cheers.

Also may you be able to help with my query above.

Can't comment on the more powerful springs as I'm capped at 1J, but I've successfully used SHS, AirsoftPro and Guarder AEG springs in mine. Also are you sure you seated the spring guide correctly? Sometimes they don't slide into the cutout at the bottom of the cylinder.

On 15/06/2020 at 18:54, AJ_WORSELL said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I bought a Rocket m150 spring for my AS02 and once installed i cannot pull the trigger.

The spring is slightly longer than the one in the gun previously.

Does anyone have any advice on what may cause this? I am assuming its the spring if so what are the best springs to order please.

Could be the sear, I had that problem before. Try fiddling with the screws in the triggerbox, especially the one that controls the height of the sear that engages the piston. 

The more I take this gun apart to clean/change parts, the more I wish I bought a VSR.

My ML decepticon got literally chewed to shit by the nozzle, feed lips resemble a well used vagina now 😕 fun fact: the hop had less than 200 rounds put through it.

Plus it was a complete bitch to reassemble the hop unit, once again.