Ares Amoeba Striker AS-01/AS-02 Owners Thread

Solly4568
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

to lower the sound signature, on mine it's a really strong twang even if I only run a guarder SP100 (gives me 0.99J with .2s to stay within the limit). Will also do the heat shrink and beer can mods to reduce the spring vibration.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Airsofters,

I recently purchased a fluted Amoeba brand outer barrel for my AS02, but upon arrival I’ve found it doesn’t my Action Army hop unit. I’ve seen previous posts and comments showing the unit installed with the described barrel and would like to know how this was done. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Apollo03 said:

Hi Airsofters,

I recently purchased a fluted Amoeba brand outer barrel for my AS02, but upon arrival I’ve found it doesn’t my Action Army hop unit. I’ve seen previous posts and comments showing the unit installed with the described barrel and would like to know how this was done. Thanks!

Iirc the short aftermarket barrels require some filing to accept the AA hop chamber.

1 hour ago, Samurai said:

I saw this pop up many times in the FB group, so it's definitely an existing problem.

Apparently there are 2 versions of the AA chamber, one that only fits the AS01 (long barrel) which is the older one, and the newer one that fits the AS02 and the shorter AS01 barrels.

No idea how to tell them apart though.

• 1 month later...

De bridged my barrel to accept the ML 50° decepticon rubber I'll be getting tomorrow :)

3d printed hop arm for the stock chamber and omega nub coming as well, will report when I properly test the whole thing :)

P_20191111_210843_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Just now, Skara said:

De bridged my barrel to accept the ML 50° decepticon rubber I'll be getting tomorrow :)

3d printed hop arm for the stock chamber and omega nub coming as well, will report when I properly test the whole thing :)

P_20191111_210843_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Where did you buy your hop arm? Can’t find any stocked anywhere 

16 minutes ago, E21A said:

Where did you buy your hop arm? Can’t find any stocked anywhere 

Softairgames, in San Marino (a tiny shit enclave in Italy) for €12 or 13.

The arm is made by ES custom works, an Italian guy who makes Striker upgrades, there are 2 versions:

One that accepts any nub (the one I got) and one with an integrated concave nub for the same price.

Ask Asomodai as he ordered a few RIFs from said shop too.

Link https://www.softairgames.net/en/hop-up-chambers/14501-flat-hop-up-arm-ares-striker-amoeba-tuning-kit-es-custom-works-escw-6.html

• Supporters

A real good hop arm is gunsmithy's. It uses an SRS nub or similar. I have one and can't complain.

I also have an E S custom works piston, which is really well made even though it could be a bit heavier to be perfect.

9 hours ago, Samurai said:

I also have an E S custom works piston, which is really well made even though it could be a bit heavier to be perfect.

Saw it, but it put me off as it doesn't have an airbrake :(

Will buy his trigger if I don't get yours tho :P

• Supporters
50 minutes ago, Skara said:

Saw it, but it put me off as it doesn't have an airbrake :(

Will buy his trigger if I don't get yours tho :P

I've just upgraded mine. It's beautiful. :)

Don't do airbreak in a striker unless it's an edgi bigger volume cylinder. The normal size doesn't have enough volume for it.

Hop up upgrades got delivered and installed on the barrel/chamber.

Will test tomorrow morning before leaving for the office :)

P_20191112_111633_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Something is not right.

I have filed down the bridge, installed the hop rubber (with the provided metal ring), installed the hop arm and nub, reassembled everything back.

Just went to test fire before going to work and:

Hop isn't lifting anything, when I turn it on it just jams.

Any ideas?

• Supporters

The problem is with going to work. :P

I don't see how the arm holds the tensioner in place. Maybe it slipped too forward. Or back. I'm just guessing here.

On 02/03/2019 at 18:59, E21A said:

Edgi dual bore if you’re staying at that length, helps resolve to poor cylinder to barrel ratio 

I just read on FB that ares is copying its design and soon releases their own dual bore. Hopefully cheaper.

2 hours ago, Solly4568 said:

Can we get some pictures sounds similar to my problem whats your fps?

Will do tonight.

I'm quite pissed as I can't revert to the stock configuration because I don't have a spare bridged barrel

37 minutes ago, Samurai said:

The problem is with going to work. :P

At least now I can stop begging for coins at corners :P

the arm has a notch meant to house the round top part of the tensioner, most likely I didn't install it correctly as I did it in a rush yesterday.

will also remove the metal ring from the rubber and see what happens.

23 minutes ago, Samurai said:

I just read on FB that ares is copying it's design and soon releases their own dual bore. Hopefully cheaper.

Copying the nemo cylinder too for more volume 

I can only think of 2 things that it could be.

1. The 50o hop rubber is to hard for your FPS (correct me if I am wrong but I seem to remember that your striker has a fps around 350, as a comparison at that fps I run a 30o  bucking) When I put a 80o bucking in mine I had similar problems as you that where solved when I put a 75o in

2. The new nub is to big to fit though the hop window, I had this problem and its an easy fix with an knife 

Hope this helps 

50° is the softest.

My striker is set to 325,4 on 0.2s, juuust a tiny pubic hair below the limit (0.99J).

Has no joule creep at all so it fires at 0.9J on 0.3s anyway. That hardness is recommended by ML for guns firing below 110 m/s (360.8 fps).

I don't think I'll have to cut the tensioner as it's rather tiny compared to my prommy flat tensioners, but I'll check anyway!

Okay, reinstalling the tensioner + arm seems to have fixed the issue. Will properly test tomorrow :)

There is definitely something wrong.

The gun now applies hop, but with the wheel all the way down it barely hops 0.3s.

I think it's because the tensioner is too short and, just like every other hop up in my possession, requires a tiny shim made from half a biro cartridge.

No biggie, as I have about a dozen of those already made from old standard tensioners :) it's just a matter of dropping it in between the arm and the tensioner itself.

• 1 month later...

Can someone help me with my Striker.
Its an AS01, I've gotten it off a friend of mine as he didn't get on with it.

The thing feels like I'm dragging a small piano back as I have to use some serious elbow grease to pull the bolt back. I've tried silicon oil and greasing the gun which made no noticeable difference.
I've tried the stock spring and an M130 and found that the bolt pull is extremely tough.

Between him and Me we've both put less than 100 bbs through it.
I'm just not sure what needs to be replaced or done to correct this, I've also noticed the plastic "sleeve" that the bolt moves fore and back in also seems to slip back a little bit before moving forward. The Plastic sleeve surrounding the bolt looks a little bit gnarled up on the bottom near the pin from the sear.
After looking at the photos I'd love an opinion, can I get this working smoothly with some sanding, do I need to get a new bolt/upgraded bolt, replace the piston with an upgraded one or do I just throw my hands up and throw money at a different gun ?

IMG_1367.JPEG

IMG_1368.JPEG

IMG_1369.JPEG

IMG_1375.JPEG

IMG_1378.JPEG

IMG_1379.JPEG

IMG_1380.JPEG

IMG_1381.JPEG

IMG_1382.JPEG

IMG_1383.JPEG

IMG_1384.JPEG

IMG_1385.JPEG

IMG_1386.JPEG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.