Ares Amoeba Striker AS-01/AS-02 Owners Thread

Solly4568

• Supporters

Sorry, I always mix up the names. For AEG, it's prometheus, for VSR (and the Striker) it's Nine Ball. Yes, the Nine Ball works with the original barrel.

You can cut the bridge off the original barrel but the hole is still very narrow, you might need to enlarge that too for a maple leaf bucking.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap. My new sears arrived yesterday and I just fitted them. Before the nice and shiny sears, the bolt would scrape against the sears and the bolt pull would be a bit shite. Now it is so smooth it is comparable to my mates VSR. Also got a thread adaptor and the whole thing looks so stupid with my tiny little trace unit on it. I love it so much 😁

• 2 weeks later...

Update picture of my striker 😍

changed the cheapo high scope mounts to better quality hawke medium mounts to match the hawke scope, put a bespoke flat trigger in and changed the stock and grip. Firing .43s like a dream. Going to finish setting up the scope this week and get to test it on Saturday

not chrono’d on .43s yet but firing .4s at 2.2j

E6AC0A52-5331-4117-BD43-641844DA0F0A.jpeg

I’m actually not too sure on it at the minute, it sits quite far forward. Feels ok to use without gloves but not sure how it’ll be with. Going to game with it on Saturday and see how I get on. Your trigger is for an as02 mines the 01 

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys know if there is any way to get the spiral outer barrel for the AS01 on a rifle when it has the action army hop up chamber installed? because I am starting to think that I will need to get a refund 

2 hours ago, Solly4568 said:

What method  would you recommend and how long did it take you

Thanks 

Ive not donenot personally. Other option is the get a second generation. AA hop 

So I have nearly finished upgrading my rifle, so here is a picture 

image.png.d5de8d3a68840bcf87aaa28d35f17e35.png

Now the only problem is that the hop up is not engaging enough, and I think that it might be because I put a hop up bucking in my gun that is too hard as it works with all the upgrade parts and the OG hop rubber. So I have ordered a 60o Bucking which should hopefully work better than the 75one that is currently in there.

Fingers crossed.

37 minutes ago, Samurai said:

75 is way too hard IMO. 70 was too hard for my VSR. 60 is sweet.

Yeah I'm just realizing that and I just hope I have the same range that I had for a few shots with the 75 as I was getting well over 100m

OK boys, the 60hop up rubber and it is perfect. It worked perfectly over the weekend and i am now getting around 120-130 meter shots. One question though, does anyone know where to get a 90cylinder because that is really the only thing that my gun is missing 🙂

36 minutes ago, Solly4568 said:

OK boys, the 60hop up rubber and it is perfect. It worked perfectly over the weekend and i am now getting around 120-130 meter shots. One question though, does anyone know where to get a 90cylinder because that is really the only thing that my gun is missing 🙂

https://airsoftpro.cz/en/gun-parts-upgrade/sniper-rifles-parts/for-ares-amoeba-striker/upgrade-set-pro-ares-amoeba-striker-detail

hey guys 

i just got a Lycan 90sear and the pegs that come with the gun don't appear to go though the hole in the sear. Should I send it back or is this common mistake with an easy fix 

19 hours ago, Solly4568 said:

hey guys 

i just got a Lycan 90sear and the pegs that come with the gun don't appear to go though the hole in the sear. Should I send it back or is this common mistake with an easy fix 

Where did you order from? 

• 1 month later...

Has anyone here seen/tried the AS03?

It's the smallest Amoeba yet but it looks so cute imo.

It's really hard to find detailed info on it tho, I'm curious to see if it's compatible with AS02 parts.

10 minutes ago, Tama said:

Has anyone here seen/tried the AS03?

It's the smallest Amoeba yet but it looks so cute imo.

It's really hard to find detailed info on it tho, I'm curious to see if it's compatible with AS02 parts.

It will be, it’s just a chopped down version. Also, in my opinion, utterly pointless 

2 minutes ago, E21A said:

It will be, it’s just a chopped down version. Also, in my opinion, utterly pointless 

Thanks,

Certainly is quite a silly idea, but for some reason I like it o.o

A little pocket sniper to run as a secondary.

• 2 months later...

Anyone using any dampening material on piston/cylinder head?

Would neoprene be a valid alternative to the extremely expensive sorbothane? Need to reduce the noise AND reduce the cylinder volume (mainly to reduce the noise).

52 minutes ago, Skara said:

Anyone using any dampening material on piston/cylinder head?

Would neoprene be a valid alternative to the extremely expensive sorbothane? Need to reduce the noise AND reduce the cylinder volume (mainly to reduce the noise).

Sorbo pads are £2.50 from Ak2m4 

11 minutes ago, E21A said:

Sorbo pads are £2.50 from Ak2m4 

+ shipping to Italy and 10 days delivery hoping the package doesn't get lost.

Also they are out of stock :P

was looking for a more homemade solution, I guess for now neoprene will have to do.

50 minutes ago, Skara said:

+ shipping to Italy and 10 days delivery hoping the package doesn't get lost.

Also they are out of stock :P

was looking for a more homemade solution, I guess for now neoprene will have to do.

Skirmshop have pads, why do you need to reduce volume? 

https://www.skirmshop.nl/en/air-pad-v2-v3-3-16-70d.html