Ares Amoeba Striker AS-01/AS-02 Owners Thread

Solly4568
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Get a short outer and a 300mm inner. Cylinder volume solved without buying a NEMO kit.

• 2 weeks later...

What size spring do people recommend ? I have the upgraded bolt to stainless steel, piston and spring guide also have a ml rubber and nub standard hop up (for now) any insight much appreciated

Right I seem to have another problem slam firing IV fitted piston and spring guide and IV tried the standard Sears  and the lycan 90° sear still slam fires with both anyone got the solution ? 

I tried everything no joy I have found out why when Ares made the upgraded pistons they did a 90° and a 45° version I have the 45°one which will not work with lycan sear :( how ever iv now fitted a m140 spring and new pin and spring guide which is working absolutely fine so gonna leave it as it is 

IMG-20190319-WA0002.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/04/2019 at 19:34, Solly4568 said:

does anyone know a good place to get 45 sears, my one is so worn it does not hold the bolt !!

Stock as01 sears?

On 03/04/2019 at 12:53, ProPain87 said:

Stock as01 sears?

Sorry I’ll rephrase, are you looking for stock as01 sears? I can post you mine foc if your stuck until you find something more hard wearing 👍

• Supporters

Quick two questions from you guys

1) Does anyone know where i can get just the stock for the Amoeba?

2) Could someone measure that action length? This is the length from the centre of the bolt just behind the trigger guard to the centre of the bolt in front of the magwell. It should either be 6.5inches (short action) or 7.35inches (long action).

Image below for reference:

Pic_2_Rem700_m.jpg.6c1cdcccac8266c6ffc12253edb5847c.jpg

Reason i ask is i like the look of the Amoeba Stock, looks very similar to the Magpul Remington 700 stock except that stock is £300+ from Brownells and only accepts a tapered barrel wheres the Amoeba accepts bull barrels by the look of it and i want to transplant another bolt rifle into it.

TIA

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Samurai said:

225mm on the AS02

Cheers for that

225mm is about 8.85inches which throws my idea out of the window :(

Looks like i might have to fork out for a RS Magpul Remington stock then.

In other news, my stubby mag just got through customs along with a weel hop-up adjuster (which is like a religious experience)and AEG hop up bucking that does not fit because I am an idiot  😭. Does anyone know where to get a hop up bucking that will fit and work in the striker

Many thanks

• Supporters

The original one is very good for the original barrel. Because that is bridged. If it tears, then the purple Laylax/Prometheus is very good too.

If you switch to an unbridged barrel, than Maple Leaf or any other good VSR compatible bucking with a large contact patch.

Would that bucking be hard enough because I am looking to get a 70-degree bucking

also sorry for my ignorance but what is a bridged or unbridged barrel because I get the feeling that I might be important 😂  

So the Prometheus purple will fit in the standard barrel ? Only reason I ask I have bought 2 hop rubbers and neither fitted because of the bridged barrel

Just now, jay1988 said:

So the Prometheus purple will fit in the standard barrel ? Only reason I ask I have bought 2 hop rubbers and neither fitted because of the bridged barrel

Just de-bridge the standard barrel 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.