Needing some UKARA advice

TANK_ZA
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys , I'm new to the UK,  just moved here from South Africa,  i am living in West Malling , Kent and looking at playing some local games soon, I have a few questions before I go off and purchase a weapon, I have been playing airsoft back home for a few years now and was wondering if there is any way of getting UKARA status if I can produce a letter from my old airsoft club back home. Or if not , is it possible to rent a two tone and get your 3 games in and then go and actually purchase a (RIF)? 

Many thanks 

You can’t get a letter, as sites have to be registered to provide UKARA, and your SA site won’t be, sorry bud.

Most sites rent guns to get you started, best way to go.

Some sites that are affiliated with retailers will let you buy a RIF straight away, but you can’t take it home until you’ve played for two months (that’s what I did)

Ok, awesome thanks for the quick response,  I'm planning on going to a local event at invicta battlefield on the 3rd of Feb, will see what they have to say! 

Have a good evening.  

Some sites let you buy guns and then keep them there until you have played a few games there. This way you don't need to buy a two tone.

Depending on the site or shop, you can buy a gun on the day. I've been told before - not naming the shop - you're here to play Airsoft so if you want to buy a gun, I'm assuming it's for Airsoft, so I'm happy to sell it to you 

Get down to Ace Combat and Battle Lakes, great sites and close by to West Malling.

Archived