Cheap red dot

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've found a cheap red dot on Amazon - trade name same as another cheap red dot I own that is OK.

The same item is for sale on the bay for half the price.

Now I know it's always a lottery with cheap Chinese stuff, but has anybody ever bought a red dot for 13 quid that turned out to be any good?😀 

• Supporters

There was a thread a while ago about a Cheap T1 Red dot site on amazon that was £10ish that everyone was endorsing... can’t remember the name though.

These things are great. I’ve had one on my Gas MP7 for about a year and it hasn’t missed a beat. No large frame to obstruct your vision either. 

42 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

I’m waiting on this arriving any day now 

BCA5E3A8-D2FC-4530-84BB-10865F133785.png

I have one of these. Its been perfect. Had to buy a couple of risers for it though.

20181212_185552.jpg

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I had a "Pinty" branded red dot off of Amazon for about £13. For the money it was spot on.

If it's cheap, it's probably worth a gamble. What else are you going to spend the money on?

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Good to hear

maybe a lense protector should be ordered too ?

if you want, although considering how cheap it is to replace if it does get shot out i just run without.

53 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

if you want, although considering how cheap it is to replace if it does get shot out i just run without.

True,

a protector costs the same as a replacement unit

• Supporters

Thing to remember is if you see a scope for X amount on Amazon your pretty much guaranteed IT IS the same one you saw on fleabay for half the price , there’s only one or two factories in China making them (yrs ago back in the pre-UKARA day talking to a guy at a site who ‘dabbled’ in selling guns , he told me that even though all the Airsoft guns/scopes/mags/etc are totally illegal in China as no one is allowed to own any kind of ‘hardware’ , there made in illegal factories and sold illegally through HK , the manufacturing is unofficially but strictly controlled by the communist party so they control it AND get there cut of the money !) so it has to have come from one of them .

On a side note I have one that’s got to be over 10yrs old that had the front lenses shot out not long after I had it and it still works fine ! 😂

Archived