Tracer unit, what bb's

El aston
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Seven said:

Are you sure it's not just a by product of the colour?

Even the new acetech units state (from the manufacturer) that they are only compatible with green but I've literally seen them used and there are multiple independent (user) reviews that state they work just fine including earlier in this very thread. They are not quite as bright as green, hence I queried how bright they got earlier in the thread, but still.

My main point was regarding the use of huge bold black lettering saying DONT USE RED like it would cause harm to the tracer unit. Which it obviously won't.

No they wont hurt it they will just barely glow at all. 

I used to use red tracers all the time but it is not worth it with the new units because they barely glow and what little effect their is makes them harder to see after a few ft than normal white ones. 

3 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

No they wont hurt it they will just barely glow at all. 

I used to use red tracers all the time but it is not worth it with the new units because they barely glow and what little effect their is makes them harder to see after a few ft than normal white ones. 

When we say 'new' how new are we talking? The unit the OP was talking about is now like 3 years old I think.

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, Seven said:

When we say 'new' how new are we talking? The unit the OP was talking about is now like 3 years old I think.

The last couple of years, the units to watch out for are

Acetech AT1000

Acetech At2000/Predator

Xcortech xt501 mk2

Xcortech xt301

Newer Xcortech 3300w v2

Cant remember on the Acetech lighter.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

7 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Cant remember on the Acetech lighter.

My old AceTech Lighter was pants on Red Tracers.

Quickly resorted to Green RZRs and gave most of a bottle of red to a friend with a B&T tracer.

Wasn't even a glow, it was a feint pink Beeb instead.

Thanks. I'll go with that and save myself some money. The only thing that made me hesitate over the Blasters is that on Patrol Base they are said to be light yellow in colour.

Does that mean they light up light yellow, or just that they are that colour in the bottle? Do they actually glow green? 

3 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks. I'll go with that and save myself some money. The only thing that made me hesitate over the Blasters is that on Patrol Base they are said to be light yellow in colour.

Does that mean they light up light yellow, or just that they are that colour in the bottle? Do they actually glow green? 

Yeah that confused the living shit out of me when I read that a few weeks ago.

Nowhere else can I see them called yellow so I presumed they are actually green and it's just Patrol Base being 'special'

Archived