Tracer unit, what bb's

El aston
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi its me again haha. But i am a noob and and just need some help :) its the only way we learn right?

Well i want a tracer unit and i have found this one 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acetech-Airsoft-AT1000-Tactical-Tracer/dp/B01HHN8EZA?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

What BB's will be best to run though this with my tm recoil ?

1 minute ago, El aston said:

Hi its me again haha. But i am a noob and and just need some help :) its the only way we learn right?

Well i want a tracer unit and i have found this one 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acetech-Airsoft-AT1000-Tactical-Tracer/dp/B01HHN8EZA?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

What BB's will be best to run though this with my tm recoil ? also what weight?

Used ASG Blasters 0.25 for a few years, never let me down once, have recently started using Geoffs (Red) as well & again no issues at all.

Ran these through both the TM 416D Delta & Devgru, either way you'll be safe with either brand.

4 minutes ago, El aston said:

Does it matter if the bullets are .2 or .25?

Does it make a difference if they are 0.20 or 0.25?

Depends what youre using them for. 

I use 0.20 inside as theres no wind to carry the BB off and theyre much cheaper. I also mix the same weight tracer BB with regular BBs so not every single shot glows, thats what i prefer. But 0.25 (or heavier) outside as a heavier BB will go through leaves etc and be less likely be be carried by the wind. Dont mix weights as you wont know what youre chronoing.

Obviously the heavier the BB the lower your FPS will be (FPS isnt everything). 

1 minute ago, Polluxtroy69 said:

Depends what youre using them for. 

I use 0.20 inside as theres no wind to carry the BB off and theyre much cheaper. I also mix the same weight tracer BB with regular BBs so not every single shot glows, thats what i prefer. But 0.25 (or heavier) outside as a heavier BB will go through leaves etc and be less likely be be carried by the wind. Dont mix weights as you wont know what youre chronoing.

Obviously the heavier the BB the lower your FPS will be (FPS isnt everything). 

Brilliant mate, this makes sense and good idea about mixing them :) thank you

5 minutes ago, El aston said:

Brilliant mate, this makes sense and good idea about mixing them :) thank you

No problem

4 hours ago, MikeMarden said:

Used ASG Blasters 0.25 for a few years, never let me down once, have recently started using Geoffs (Red) as well & again no issues at all.

Ran these through both the TM 416D Delta & Devgru, either way you'll be safe with either brand.

How do you find the reds? Are they nice and bright like the greens?

As Jcheeseright stated, a tad dimmer than the greens but still highly visible, and yes they look the bollocks through NV!

• Supporters

If you're running mid caps, consider loading some BBs of a different colour, or non-tracer BBs, in first. They'll come out last and let you know when the mag is nearly empty.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest StrategyBish

Longbow have just released their own tracer rounds. currently with 0.25 and 0.3 on offer looking to bring out more weights when they can.

On 08/02/2019 at 18:02, emilianoksa said:

In the advert It says  " Supports only green tracer BBs"

Don't buy red.

Honestly I say 'bollocks' to this.

Red BB's are the same as green BB's in all but colour. The UV light from the tracer unit will do the same job on a red tracer BB as a green. Just a light absorbing component.

They likely say only to use green because they produce the best effect.

33 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Longbow BB's - they glow like a prostitutes bed sheets under a black light

How's the quality of the longbow tracers. Would like to see them on the 'tested BB' thread list.

32 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Im not 100% what tests they were put through on the test thread but could probably send some over to whoever did it for them to check.

They were tested for size, roundness, polish, shatter etc

It was @gasman conducting the tests.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Seven said:

Red BB's are the same as green BB's in all but colour. The UV light from the tracer unit will do the same job on a red tracer BB as a green. Just a light absorbing component.

Nope its true it is to do with light frequencies. The newer xcortech and acetech use a purple high intensity UV led and the reds do charge off it properly.

11 hours ago, Seven said:

No, depending on the tracer unit sometimes red tracers hardly glow at all.

Oops, didnt see Trigs response above!!

26 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

No, depending on the tracer unit sometimes red tracers hardly glow at all.

Oops, didnt see Trigs response above!!

36 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Nope its true it is to do with light frequencies. The newer xcortech and acetech use a purple high intensity UV led and the reds do charge off it properly.

Are you sure it's not just a by product of the colour?

Even the new acetech units state (from the manufacturer) that they are only compatible with green but I've literally seen them used and there are multiple independent (user) reviews that state they work just fine including earlier in this very thread. They are not quite as bright as green, hence I queried how bright they got earlier in the thread, but still.

My main point was regarding the use of huge bold black lettering saying DONT USE RED like it would cause harm to the tracer unit. Which it obviously won't.

Oh, yeah its just red will not show up properly..

I had to buy red tracers last time as it was all the shop had, used the whole bottle eventually, they were shite at glowing but caused no issue at all with the tracer. Still works a charm.

6 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Oh, yeah its just red will not show up properly..

I had to buy red tracers last time as it was all the shop had, used the whole bottle eventually, they were shite at glowing but caused no issue at all with the tracer. Still works a charm.

Well my new tracer unit should be here in a couple of hours and I intend to try out using reds as my low ammo warning so I'll let you know how I get on.

It's the acetech 'lighter' (not the S).

Archived