Rhop. How is it supposed to look through the barrel?

Jammanic
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guy hope you can help with what is quite possibly a stupid question.

Ive been playing around with cutting and applying my own rhop patches (Im pretty confident Ive got the right tubing etc 6 Id 8 OD 60 shore, I even bought a couple of premade patches to compare).

My question is how is the patch suppose to look when the hop is pushing it into the barrel? Namely is it supposed to look curved like and r? The flat hope looks flat when its applied so does the same logic follow?

On the barrels Ive done it looks at best like a slightly rounder flat hop? 

Is this correct and the material deforms as the BB passes through to apply more pressure to the BB?

Ive been looking around but cant find talk or a picture of what the correct job looks like through the barrel.

Unfortunately I dont have anywhere (other than local sites on game days) to test the range of the work Ive done to see how much improvement or not Ive made.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Supporters

the r in rhop stands for radial, the "perfect" rhop would be a perfect concentric circle the whole way round, however in reality it's pretty common for it to look as you describe when you turn the hop on.

what's more important is that it's symmetrical about the vertical and that it shoots well

12 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

the r in rhop stands for radial, the "perfect" rhop would be a perfect concentric circle the whole way round, however in reality it's pretty common for it to look as you describe when you turn the hop on.

what's more important is that it's symmetrical about the vertical and that it shoots well

Thank you very much for your reply!

Am I right in assuming that the tubing deforms and grips more of the bb as it passes through?

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Jammanic said:

Thank you very much for your reply!

Am I right in assuming that the tubing deforms and grips more of the bb as it passes through?

Yes, as is the case with the flathop as well, but the rhop has a larger gripping area and tends to self-centralise bb's as they go through which is what makes it the best setup.

This is awesome thank you very much.

Ill let you know how I get on.

Found a much better way to cut patches as well so that made life a little more bearable.

Archived