Ordering RIF

Upintheshed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Im looking to order my first rif from online and am wondering whether i need to sign for it or not as no onein my house is at home during the day and neither are my neighbours. any replies would be greatly appreciated.

• Supporters

I recommend them.   Perhaps ring up and talk to Firesupport, see if they can help? Another courier or sent to you for a specific date?

1 minute ago, Prisce said:

I recommend them.   Perhaps ring up and talk to Firesupport, see if they can help? Another courier or sent to you for a specific date?

Thanks for the advice, I’ll ring them and some other stores tomorrow. If I can’t get a certain date then I’ll just have to take a sick day.

1 minute ago, Arwen said:

Ups will leave them at their drop off points for you to sign for. Local corner shops and such. 

I think there’s one of those about ten minutes away so that’s actually worked out, thanks for the help guys

• Supporters

My local UPS "corner shops and such" won't accept anything RIF sized, as I've found to my chagrin.  They'll also cheerfully lie about when they're going to deliver it, and will send it out as soon as they have it, even when they've agreed to deliver it on a specific day.

Don't sweat it though - couriers could not possibly care less about the contents of the package.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

One point to note:

If you order on a shop's finance scheme, the finance companies stipulate that it must be delivered to the address that has applied for the loan.

Though, admittedly, this was the case when I worked in a guitar shop that sold things on mail order finance.

I can't imagine things have changed in the six years since. 

49 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

One point to note:

If you order on a shop's finance scheme, the finance companies stipulate that it must be delivered to the address that has applied for the loan.

Though, admittedly, this was the case when I worked in a guitar shop that sold things on mail order finance.

I can't imagine things have changed in the six years since. 

Surely the rules of ukara stating it be delivered to the address registered would over rule this? 

If you were thinking of giving different address to finance company to get it delivered somewhere more convenient?   

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I don't know in all honesty.

I remember that the handful of finance companies we used were all adamant that the goods had to be delivered and signed for at the address where the credit check had been approved. 

The rule was set in stone at the time - like I say it might have changed since I worked there.

But I imagine your registered ukara address would be the same as your home address anyway 99% of the time.

9 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

But I imagine your registered ukara address would be the same as your home address anyway 99% of the time.

🤔

gives me an idea that. 

*goes to make new thread* 

The courier company who ever it is will leave it at the local Royal Mail sorting office with a “missed you” card if there is no one home I expect , Iv ordered lots of various expensive items over the years and they always leave it at the sorting office which is luckily 5 minute walk for me :) 

On 28/01/2019 at 18:36, Resistor170 said:

Did you pull a sickie? And if you did, did the guilt disappear as soon as you got your delivery? 

no, ups have a way of getting it delivered to an alternate adress after the first delivery attempt so i got it sent to work, beyond pleased with it though.

18 minutes ago, Upintheshed said:

no, ups have a way of getting it delivered to an alternate adress after the first delivery attempt so i got it sent to work, beyond pleased with it though.

Interesting

On 01/02/2019 at 21:31, Resistor170 said:

I didn't look back at the posts here but I think you said you couldn't get it delivered to work originally? If that's right then it's worth me remembering in case I'm in the same situation 

ups have a weird way of working, you cant change delivery adress straight away because it needs a signature but after the first attempt you can tell them to take it to any adress

Archived