Just got myself a TM CQB-R

El aston
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys just got my first gun. Managed to get it at a steal to be honest. 3 mags 2 batteries and its never been used for £300..

Gonna give it a blast first see what i think but what mods do people recommend? .. External wise i want the Dytac SMR AEG rail.  Maybe a tracer unit. 

Internal wise im not sure as im still new to this haha.

Any help i would appreciate it guys. Be nice haha

Run it standard for a bit. Out of the box they’re great. A nice barrel and bucking will give you a touch more FPS and accuracy in theory, but not needed. 

Just now, Wo1f said:

Run it standard for a bit. Out of the box they’re great. A nice barrel and bucking will give you a touch more FPS and accuracy in theory, but not needed. 

Thank you buddy :) 

2 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Any barrels in particular 

Prometheus is always a good shout. I’ve got one in my 416 delta custom. There’s more exotic things like EDGI too. 

Just dont wack a big spring in it and hope for the best like most people do. If you leave the gearbox standard, it will last years. It’s a case of upgrade everything or nothing. 

• Supporters

As Wo1f said leave it standard , don’t piss about with it just run it stock for 6-8mths THEN start thinking does it actually need to be up-graded or not , me I’ll say it won’t need anything doing to it bar the LiPo battery connector conversion that absolutely everyone gets done .

• Supporters

Interestingly, in Japan TM barrels sell for more on the second hand market than Prometheus etc cost new... Those guys seem to think that TM have nailed it as far as barrels go, I tend to agree. 

Internally as above, leave it stock for a bit, solder some deans on and run some decent 7.4v LiPo batteries and it'll be golden. 

2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

As Wo1f said leave it standard , don’t piss about with it just run it stock for 6-8mths THEN start thinking does it actually need to be up-graded or not , me I’ll say it won’t need anything doing to it bar the LiPo battery connector conversion that absolutely everyone gets done .

Yeah alot of people are saying this, and this is what i will do bud, thank you !

24 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

New in town?

Yeah dude!

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, El aston said:

Yeah alot of people are saying this, and this is what i will do bud, thank you !

Currently have 5 TM recoils (socom/sopmod/416/G36 and an AK) but have had 11 in total over the years and hand on heart the only ones I’ve ever had problems with have been the ‘up-graded’ ones !

who da thunk ! 🤦‍♂️

Just now, Druid799 said:

Currently have 5 TM recoils (socom/sopmod/416/G36 and an AK) but have had 11 in total over the years and hand on heart the only ones I’ve ever had problems with have been the ‘up-graded’ ones !

who da thunk ! 🤦‍♂️

Hahahah says it all mate. Looks like i will spend my moneys on the external!

Does anyone know if this would fit ...

http://warriorairsofteshop.com/products/DYTAC-G-Style-SMR-Rail-For-VFC-{47}-Uramex-HK-416-AEG{47}-GBB-(Sand).html

They do. I’ve fitted a couple of Dytac Geissele rails to MWS rifles in the past. A couple of things to note with them.. some come traded and some don’t, and they don’t like being taken on and off frequently. The aluminium is soft and I warped mine after tightening the retention bolts too many times. 

2 hours ago, Wo1f said:

They do. I’ve fitted a couple of Dytac Geissele rails to MWS rifles in the past. A couple of things to note with them.. some come traded and some don’t, and they don’t like being taken on and off frequently. The aluminium is soft and I warped mine after tightening the retention bolts too many times. 

AH perfect mate thank you

https://www.haoptwart.com/product-page/hlr

these also said they would fit the m4 too

I'd keep it stock for now(as literally everyone told you) but make an upgrade plan.

At some point you'll want an electronic trigger like a GATE Titan, a new spring, cylinder or piston, maybe a set of gears..

Every time you buy supplies like BBs, buy one of the parts you want.

Bag of bbs AND a titan

Bag of bbs AND gears

Bag of bbs AND piston

So that when your gun starts to fail (which is an incredible amount of time for a TM if treated properly) you already have some parts to work with :D and you don't have to dish out some pretty serious cash all at once.

As far as internals go, TM only got the gearbox and the hop bucking right, there's plenty of parts that IMO are far superior, starting from electronic triggers, mosfets, tight/wide bore aftermarket barrels from Orga, PDI, Laylax or Maple Leaf.

Externals aren't that great for the price, as some of the polymer used feels really cheap in comparison to other brands..

1 hour ago, Skara said:

I'd keep it stock for now(as literally everyone told you) but make an upgrade plan.

At some point you'll want an electronic trigger like a GATE Titan, a new spring, cylinder or piston, maybe a set of gears..

Every time you buy supplies like BBs, buy one of the parts you want.

Bag of bbs AND a titan

Bag of bbs AND gears

Bag of bbs AND piston

So that when your gun starts to fail (which is an incredible amount of time for a TM if treated properly) you already have some parts to work with :D and you don't have to dish out some pretty serious cash all at once.

As far as internals go, TM only got the gearbox and the hop bucking right, there's plenty of parts that IMO are far superior, starting from electronic triggers, mosfets, tight/wide bore aftermarket barrels from Orga, PDI, Laylax or Maple Leaf.

Externals aren't that great for the price, as some of the polymer used feels really cheap in comparison to other brands..

Thank you for the advice mate, much appreciated. Yeah there is a pattern with what people are saying about leave it stock etc... SO that is what i shall do :) Just like i said earlier on i want the rail sorted and just maybe change the mags to tan. 

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, El aston said:

Yes they will but if you pay that much for them I will track you down and beat you to death with a frozen cucumber (so I can eat the evidence , no weapon no guilt😉) that’s a ridiculously over priced amount for one ! 😡

3 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Yes they will but if you pay that much for them I will track you down and beat you to death with a frozen cucumber (so I can eat the evidence , no weapon no guilt😉) that’s a ridiculously over priced amount for one ! 😡

LMAO!!! No chance would i pay that anyway mate. But i do want that do you know any sites that charge less lol. That is a crazy price 

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, El aston said:

LMAO!!! No chance would i pay that anyway mate. But i do want that do you know any sites that charge less lol. That is a crazy price 

Have seen them a lot cheaper around but not too sure on the exact sites (never been a great fan of them , I prefer the look of the stanag ones) sorry bud .

Eagle6 are robbing bastards. I order from them if I have to, but their prices are ridiculous.

in terms of mods.. metal bushings, gears (I’ve had a tooth break on a standard scar H). They’re what I would say is the two weakest points of the gun.

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Eagle6 are robbing bastards. I order from them if I have to, but their prices are ridiculous.

in terms of mods.. metal bushings, gears (I’ve had a tooth break on a standard scar H). They’re what I would say is the two weakest points of the gun.

I had heard the same about gears. But the gears I have heard they replace them with are the Prommy reinforced gears which are like £90 a set. F**k dat. Anyone know any different?

2 hours ago, Prisce said:

I had heard the same about gears. But the gears I have heard they replace them with are the Prommy reinforced gears which are like £90 a set. F**k dat. Anyone know any different?

Have lonex in my fully upgraded ones £55. ASG ultimate are a rebrand of the lonex ones. SHS make a set too, but I’ve never used them to have an opinion.

i was willing to Prometheus everything, but was told by Dave at SixG that the lonex bits were machined better for the most part. Vaguely remember him saying the cylinder head in particular is superior. Some things like the piston you’ll have to go with Prometheus though. 

• Supporters

Yeah, my brothers one has the ASG ultimate in, wondered if that was due to price or just what was lying around.

My little ole Scar needs some love so I’m thinking while I’m in there I should replace the shoddy/damaged parts just to keep it working well. Not everything just the damaged bits.

Ill look for the Lonex gears/piston/cylinder head and bushings when I get some time to fit them all.

12 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Yeah, my brothers one has the ASG ultimate in, wondered if that was due to price or just what was lying around.

My little ole Scar needs some love so I’m thinking while I’m in there I should replace the shoddy/damaged parts just to keep it working well. Not everything just the damaged bits.

Ill look for the Lonex gears/piston/cylinder head and bushings when I get some time to fit them all.

Just keep the air seal parts the same. Lonex cylinder head- lonex air nozzle etc. Anything else can be your preference 

Archived