Death with RIF’s

therobbafett
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok, I get that this is gonna be a bit of a morbid subject but it’s somwthing I’ve thought about for a little bit. 

So last year unfortunately my family suffered with quite a few deaths in the family, some we knew we’re coming but others we’re a complete shock to us and it got me thinking.

I own a couple of RIF’s at the moment, all legally with a UKARA defence, but I am the only one of my family and friends to have one. If I were suddenly to die what would happen to my weapons. I’ve told my girlfriend that if anything happens to me, then I guess I’d want her to have them. Keep them or sell them if she could. And there is the main question. Would she be able to sell them? I know she doesn’t have a defence, but would an airsoft shop maybe understand in extreme circumstances?

would I have to “gift” them in a will or in writing or something like that?

any ideas/help would be much appreciated

• Supporters

i guess in that situation if asked her defence would be inheretance, although the defence is only really required for buying and afaik gifting (which i guess is close to inheriting) is ok and likewise so is owning. if she sold them she'd be the one asking the buyer for their defence.

in terms of the will i'd guess it'd be handed on like any other posession so any of those rules apply.

You only need a defence to buy rifs. Not to own them. To sell them she would need to check the buyer defence.

You need a defence to carry them around. But not to keep in your home. 

Archived