MAS G

lemon191

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I see this grenade has been finished and shipped to the first reviewers, it's taken years of delays and excuses (not to forget the people who originally backed them are still waiting). I'm not a backer but have watched their FB page for developments etc over the time and I really can't see how anyone would trust these guys to deliver let alone pay £195 for the pleasure. We see enough £80 TRMRs go walkies So I can't say I would be overly confident throwing one and hoping it's still there later.  is anyone a backer that's still waiting  or actually considering buying one ? 

6 minutes ago, lemon191 said:

I see this grenade has been finished and shipped to the first reviewers, it's taken years of delays and excuses (not to forget the people who originally backed them are still waiting). I'm not a backer but have watched their FB page for developments etc over the time and I really can't see how anyone would trust these guys to deliver let alone pay £195 for the pleasure. We see enough £80 TRMRs go walkies So I can't say I would be overly confident throwing one and hoping it's still there later.  is anyone a backer that's still waiting  or actually considering buying one ? 

Maybe they should have integrated a GPS tracker in it for that price.

25 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

I know they were talking about putting a few measures in for security, one being it only works with the original charging unit/base but off the top of my head I don't know if they went ahead with doing that. 

28 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Just something like this, you could find it back at the safe zone if someone else 'accidentally' picked it up.

https://www.gearbest.com/other-survival-and-emergency-gears/pp_265712.html?wid=1433363&currency=GBP&vip=18007797&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzM7nnMv33wIVzZztCh0WvAi_EAQYBCABEgLlOvD_BwE

• Supporters

Context:

http://mas-g.molyneux.systems/

https://www.facebook.com/pg/molyneux.systems/posts/

Having been stung by SWAT, and having dipped into the sorry tale of these things being developed, there is no way, none at all, that I would pay for one except from a reputable retailer selling them from stock.  And I wouldn't pay that much for one either way.

My cynical (i.e. realistic) prediction is that it's already vastly outspent the pre-orders, that there will be a very modest amount of new orders which won't come anywhere near to recouping the difference, they'll take many more months to be shipped (if ever), then that's the last anyone will hear about it.

15 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Context:

http://mas-g.molyneux.systems/

https://www.facebook.com/pg/molyneux.systems/posts/

Having been stung by SWAT, and having dipped into the sorry tale of these things being developed, there is no way, none at all, that I would pay for one except from a reputable retailer selling them from stock.  And I wouldn't pay that much for one either way.

My cynical (i.e. realistic) prediction is that it's already vastly outspent the pre-orders, that there will be a very modest amount of new orders which won't come anywhere near to recouping the difference, they'll take many more months to be shipped (if ever), then that's the last anyone will hear about it.

That's mine and a friend's thoughts aswell, they may well make a good grenade but they don't appear to have any business sense at all, the price is going to be the biggest issue for alot of people. My friend sent me a picture of all the parts it's made up of and there is alot of them.. better hope it doesn't break. 

Good design, in some ways.

Not something I've looked at recently, but I will this weekend.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Seth_K said:

Good design

Over designed.  It tries to be every grenade that you could possibly want in any conceivable scenario.

My experience is that having a grenade that you can deploy now is likely to result in grins.

16 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Over designed.  It tries to be every grenade that you could possibly want in any conceivable scenario.

My experience is that having a grenade that you can deploy now is likely to result in grins.

It does pack in quite a bit. Probably should have spaced it out over multiple versions.

• Supporters

Mines still on order. For me it wasnt so much about the money - its now turned into a betting game between me and a friend about if theyll ever come in haha.

• Supporters
On 20/01/2019 at 20:57, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Mines still on order. For me it wasnt so much about the money - its now turned into a betting game between me and a friend about if theyll ever come in haha.

Same.

On 20/01/2019 at 20:57, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Lol question is which did you put your money on lol , there's still plenty of time for it to still go either way 

• 1 year later...

K.I.S.S

i want an impact grenade that I can put on safe and ideally use several times quickly oh yes the trmr multi ticks that box

i want a completely different shaped delayed grenade that is not impact triggered so I have options for most scenarios and won’t confuse the two, oh yes dynatex have that covered.

what I don’t want is an overly technical, highly likely to break grenade that I need to check the instruction manual every time I wish to deploy it and probably get blown up by someone with a Cheap paper flash bang whilst doing so

• Supporters
7 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

Anyone wondering what Molyneux Advanced Systems have been up to while not producing people's grenades; 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=207462580993584&id=100198171720026

To be fair, he is now asking for 8 testers to destroy the prototypes, which you are not to deploy onto concrete ("use your TRMR for that" !).

The usual stuff on Facebook: rona ate my team-mate, moved house, been sick, put in sooo much of my own money, not my fault, who could have foreseen, etc, etc.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.