Do cameras help prevent cheats???

Luke85
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, BigStew said:

i've taken hits from rain drops but it is easy not to feel a hit.

that's why i keep shooting, if it's so light you can't feel it then you won't be worried about full auto being "overshooting"

• Supporters
35 minutes ago, DopeYourScope said:

On the other hand I have watched pellets hit players and them not take it, yes with all the kit people now carry (dummy plates and some weirdos wearing actual kevlar {why?} and 16 stanags all stacked on their chests) they won't feel it, now with the bolty I aim for something fleshy (arse, legs, arms and if necessary head.)

But I’m a great believer that unless the player is registered deaf then 85% of the time when a player says ”oh did you hit me ?I didn’t feel it ?” You can reply with fair enough mate you didn’t feel it BUT bollox you didn’t hear it ! BB strikes have a VERY distinctive noise on tac gear or BDUs so unless there running full pelt OR there in the middle of a full on screaming and shouting grenades going off left right and centre fire fight they know they’ve been hit ? (Reason I’ve given 85% and not 100% sure) but I’m still very dubious but not completely unbelieving of players say they didn’t feel or hear a hit . 

45 minutes ago, DopeYourScope said:

I have been on both ends of the stick. I have been accused of non hit taking with a marshall stood next to me as I shout their pellets aren't even reaching within 20ft of me and then wondering why my BASR can reach them. (chances are your M4 cannot reach 250ft/ ~75m and if it could it won't be particularly accurate.) 
On the other hand I have watched pellets hit players and them not take it, yes with all the kit people now carry (dummy plates and some weirdos wearing actual kevlar {why?} and 16 stanags all stacked on their chests) they won't feel it, now with the bolty I aim for something fleshy (arse, legs, arms and if necessary head.)

It will be all well and good recording all of the cheaters however how are you going to PID those guys post game? and what repercussions are you thinking of? if someone gets banned from one site they'll move onto the next. 

weight, as someone who's selected their plate manufacturer, weight is the reason. 

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

that's why i keep shooting, if it's so light you can't feel it then you won't be worried about full auto being "overshooting"

Now that I do like ! 😈😈😈😈

well played good sir well played ! 👍

2 minutes ago, Vulpiness said:

weight, as someone who's selected their plate manufacturer, weight is the reason. 

how much do your plates weigh? I fully understand for a re-enactment idea however I don't personally believe for airsoft  it's a particularly good idea as that extra weight alongside the fact a number of guys (including myself) are not fit enough to lug that weight around for a day.

14 minutes ago, DopeYourScope said:

how much do your plates weigh? I fully understand for a re-enactment idea however I don't personally believe for airsoft  it's a particularly good idea as that extra weight alongside the fact a number of guys (including myself) are not fit enough to lug that weight around for a day.

2.8kg each for the back and chest plates. I'm fat so, I'm not at the point where I'm in a place where I should spend the £400 yet.

But I'm looking at Vestguard because they can make custom sized plates, meaning I can get deltoid inserts and belt inserts from them. 

I'll be adding diving weights first to simulate kit weights, like mags and grenades, but with plates that doesn't simulate the restrictive qualities. 

• Supporters

Really really do not get the whole ‘real plates/weight of real plates’ in players rigs , a lot will come out with the old classic of “oh yea it helps with my fitness” does it really ?

You telling me wearing an extra 4-5kg once or twice a mth for 5-6hrs each time and actually doing strenuous activity for probably not even a quarter of that time is going to improve your fitness ?

Yup sure it is , same as every time I pull the trigger I get a hit and every single one of those hits calls it as well ! Dream on cupcake ! 🤦‍♂️

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Supporters

If they're a local 'team' get a scopecam and record definitive evidence of them blatantly cheating (getting hit, flinching visibly and scooting behind a tree for example), get a few instances of that from one player and then upload it to the site's Facebook page. 

Name and shame! 

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Luke85 said:

I get what people are saying, its best just to raise the issue there and then with Marshals

Yes.  Yes it is.

I just hate complaining, and without proof its ultimately there word against yours.

Which is why you let a marshal know, they take a test shot, and then they deal with it. Or they don't, and they don't.  But posting video afterwards isn't going to change that either way.

I'm guessing that you're not much into conflict, or personal interaction.  Neither am I. Humans are all worthless and weak.  But this issue can only be dealt with effectively by meatspace interaction at the time.

16 hours ago, BigStew said:

i used to think that way. but the issue is most likely you are just are missing you go full auto on some you have just over killed someone for your perceived slight. Don't know about you but getting full auto rattled hurts and pisses you off. so now the guy you just hosed is at best making  a complaint to the marshals about your over kill or they are telling everyone watch out for the dick that hoses people. 

Taking action into our own hands snowballs and can make a good day bad. So if you think someone is not taking their hits 99.9% you are not hitting them. if you see the strike there are two thing to do follow up shot to make sure ( I always double tap but up to yourself) and two get a good description and report them to the marshals. 

As Adolf said, overshooting happens when you hose down a guy that already called the hit.

Also, if i'm not hitting them, what prevents me from unloading a full bag of bbs into the ground?

😅

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Skara said:

As Adolf said, overshooting happens when you hose down a guy that already called the hit.

Also, if i'm not hitting them, what prevents me from unloading a full bag of bbs into the ground?

Indeed but by the very fact they say or act as if your not hitting them then if you do unload a full mag at them then your just wasting your own ammo so how could they call overkill if you do so ? 😈

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Indeed but by the very fact they say or act as if your not hitting them then if you do unload a full mag at them then your just wasting your own ammo so how could they call overkill if you do so ? 😈

oh they still do.

had one last week, well within the distance i could literally see them bouncing off him, took 20 rounds of semi auto fire before he stormed off in a fit of "no need for that"

well if you'd called the first one there wouldn't have been a second, and if you'd called that there wouldn't have been a third, and so on ad infinitum.

all switching to auto does is save you time on the whole process.

overkill is when someone is waving and screaming hit and you're finger is still firmly set on the trigger, i've seen it properly happen (3 very loud and distinct calls of hit before they stopped) and that's a dick move, but keeping shooting until someone calls does not overkilling make.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

overkill is when someone is waving and screaming hit and you're finger is still firmly set on the trigger, i've seen it properly happen (3 very loud and distinct calls of hit before they stopped) and that's a dick move, but keeping shooting until someone calls does not overkilling make.

Spot on bud 

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

oh they still do.

had one last week, well within the distance i could literally see them bouncing off him, took 20 rounds of semi auto fire before he stormed off in a fit of "no need for that"

well if you'd called the first one there wouldn't have been a second, and if you'd called that there wouldn't have been a third, and so on ad infinitum.

had that happen, they either hide as if nothing happened or stand there gawping, trying to see where they got shot from.  if they stay in the open, then i'll full auto.  its annoying, it doesnt matter if you saw who shot you, just take the hit and go to respawn

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, kasaran said:

had that happen, they either hide as if nothing happened or stand there gawping, trying to see where they got shot from.  if they stay in the open, then i'll full auto.  its annoying, it doesnt matter if you saw who shot you, just take the hit and go to respawn

yep, it's as if folk think that because they can't see who shot them the shooter can't see them either.

my favourite is when folk shout "freindly fire" if they get hit in the back, then play on as if friendly fire doesn't count or something.

43 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

yep, it's as if folk think that because they can't see who shot them the shooter can't see them either.

my favourite is when folk shout "freindly fire" if they get hit in the back, then play on as if friendly fire doesn't count or something.

Hah. Not had that one.  Ive had em turn around and look confused for a moment before seeing the arm band.  The only ball ache is when the shout hit and everyone looks around. Negating he sneakiness.

Friendly fire makes no difference any your still out.

46 minutes ago, kasaran said:

Hah. Not had that one.  Ive had em turn around and look confused for a moment before seeing the arm band.  The only ball ache is when the shout hit and everyone looks around. Negating he sneakiness.

Friendly fire makes no difference any your still out.

Unfortunately that’s the way it goes. Just make the shot from a concealed position then you’ll be golden.

To answer the OP, yes it can.

• Supporters

No cameras actually just make things worse most of the time.

All the cheat vids on YouTube are just bad for the sport. I have pulled so many apart where when you look at they look like someone is not calling but when you slow it down and adjust the image you can clearly see the bb veering off or dropping. 

Most of the time people don't call it is because they don't realise and it is a bit unfair to call someone a cheat when they honestly had no clue. Even worse when you stick some poor sod on the internet and make him look stupid. 

The other thing is cameras never tell a full story and do not capture everything so half the incidents they get used for it is a case maybe, maybe not so all a bit meh.

Personally I wish they were not used at all except by marshals

Archived