Infinity VIS GBB - gas releasing after being fired

Jimberlands
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I'm new to GBB guns. New to airsoft in general. That said, my coworker gave me two of his old guns, one being a very very nice Infinity VIS Browning. Unfortunately though, the gas in the magazine releases out the front-end when fired, as the valve at the top is not secured. I've attached a screenshot as to detail this...

Whenever the valve is pushed in, it releases any gas contained. However, if I pull the metal below it DOWN with my finger nails, it locks, and allows me to gas it up and release 1-2 rounds, before the metal jolts back up and pushes the valve back in. Is there any way I can fix this, or if someone can elaborate on it for me? I was thinking about getting an Alan key and trying to take the screw down so that the metal doesn't flip back up and cause the valve to move back in.

ae691227-53f8-4554-85c4-5ed90accd39a.jpg

2 hours ago, Archer said:

Sounds like it needs a strip, clean and service.

Looks like a WA SVI Mag ?

Yeah, I've made sure that the magazine ain't just cold enough. When I tested it today, the charging valve was hissing as if it was releasing some gas, or not converting from a liquid to gas. Tilting it forward stopped the hissing from occuring. Firing it again, the gas released from the release valve once again after on the 2nd shot.

Surprised you could tell it was an WA SVI mag just from that! Do you know where abouts I could purchase some new magazines for it? I'm starting to think that might just be easier!

The pistol itself is a beautiful Infinity WA ASGK SVI. Nothing really seems wrong with the pistol. When the gas DOESNT discharge from the mag, it works perfectly.

Been running WA pistols for 18 odd years. So, easy to recognise a magazine

I've had enough of em  😆

New mags ? Like rocking horse pooh and dont tend to come up often.

Sounds as though its either a leaking seal or a leaking valve.

Any idea how old the pistol/mag is ?

Just now, Archer said:

Been running WA pistols for 18 odd years. So, easy to recognise a magazine

I've had enough of em  😆

New mags ? Like rocking horse pooh and dont tend to come up often.

Sounds as though its either a leaking seal or a leaking valve.

Any idea how old the pistol/mag is ?

Yeah, coworker told me it's roughly 8 years old. He used it for competitive shooting in the past.

Magazines don't seem too common, no! Can't find ANY online!!

Do you reckon an Airsoft shop would have a look at it? My knowledge of taking these things apart falls to nill I'm afraid :(

Just now, Archer said:

If you have a decent shop or techie that knows their way around them, then should be ok. The gas mags are pretty simple, just that getting spares can be tricky

There are two places nearby. I'll give them a ring on Monday and see if they'll be able to look at it. Neither of them have 'repairs' on their website but I'll call and ask anyways. Really hope so, would love to use this lol. Thanks for your help anyways :)

I don't want to sound like I'm teaching you to suck eggs. But worth checking, are you filling it properly? You need to turn the mag  upside down and fill it up like a lighter. You have to hold it in till you can hear it's full. It'll start spitting back or you can kind of here it slowing (hard to describe) depends on the fill valve type. I can't remember what WA used now. You won't readily find spare parts or people that know how to work on them now.

36 minutes ago, Jimberlands said:

There are two places nearby. I'll give them a ring on Monday and see if they'll be able to look at it. Neither of them have 'repairs' on their website but I'll call and ask anyways. Really hope so, would love to use this lol. Thanks for your help anyways :)

If you get stuck, let me know. I've fixed a fair number of WA mags

Archived