KWA VM4 Ronin 6 PDW

Musica
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thinking of picking this up as my first gun as I like the size and features. Would like some opinions on the weapon in general and I have some more specific questions.

Can owners of the gun or any of the similar variants with the "adjustable FPS system" weight on on what spring it comes with. I am wondering if importers put a cut down springs in for the  UK ones as the 380fps is just a tad over our limit.

Anyone know if the 30/120 ERG mags with the cut off feature work in the odin speed loader? 

What type of battery should I look at running this on? 

appreciate peoples opinions even if they are to steer clear of this. 

Didn't know it was on the 8th of Feb but yea I do like the look of the TK45C same 120 round capacity just in a more 9mm style mag. 

Any idea what UK retailer might stock this? 

Musica - look on JTAC website. Drop John an email or a message via the FB Page.

He is the man to talk to on all things KWA 

But i can confirm that John will supply a UK legal spring.

The PDW as a first choice ? 

In my honest opinion after testing one for a day is that it's my ideal AEG(and i've had quite a lot over 20 years)

It may be short, but its accurate and has a tremendous range too. 

All we did was use a 7.4 lipo and .25's.

We had to mod the spring to get it UK legal, but that didnt take long to sort out.

Out of the box its a nice bit of kit. Possibly the only upgrade would be a new HOP rubber. But thats not always necessary.

Thanks Archer never seen this site looks perfect place to get a KWA in the UK, either the new TK.45c or the older PDW ronin. I have messaged them and they replied rapid. They say they run the stock spring dialed in for UK limit. I would assume this is with the KWA adjustable FPS features. Not sure if this is UK legal I remember seeing something about being able to "modify" the output being a problem. 

I sent the only other place I could find that had a PDW ronin 6 in stock  in the UK a message 3 days ago now had nothing  back if that's their response times for simple pre-sales questions I dread to think of the after sales support. 

While the TK.45c has the same mag capacity but slimmer mags I think I might sway for the older Ronin 6 especially if I can get it a bit cheaper with there being "new" hot kit overshadowing it.  

Not what he told me. See below. Not sure if it's legal if I can adjust above 1.3j 

Hi

Hello, I have added your questions below and answered them for you. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

I was looking around for a KWA Ronin 6 PDW but have some questions on the UK legal modifications as the stock spring can be adjusted to 380~ fps which is a bit high for the UK. Can you advise what you do to mod it to UK spec? 

The stock spring dialled down is fine for UK use. I use mine in standard form. 

A secondary question do you have any lead on when you might be getting stock of the new TK.45c ?

Preorders for the TK45c are open now and we are hoping to have them here to be able to send them out on release day (8 Feb). 

Regards

John Turrell

Director

JTac Custom Ltd

• Supporters

it should be, it's a bit of a grey area but they still let the likes of ics quick change guns, the g&g f2000 with it's adjustable spring (and i'm sure there others) and not to mention every hpa gun on the market.

Good point Hamster,  I will try to look at HPA laws as they can adjust on the fly much faster than the ERG 2.5 needing to take the stock off and use a very long hex key. 

Archived