Best Tappet for 13:1 ratio, hi torque, 11.1v

Darkcrow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, just wondering what you guys would run as a tappet with 13:1ratio, lonex hi torque and 11.1v lipo. Was running fine with a standard lonex m4 aluminium nozzel then started "mis feeding" then wouldn't feed at all.. turns out the first contact point of the tappet was worn hence not retracting the nozzel fully. It was a new build with a new tappet fully shimmed and running fine at 350 fps and 22 rps for bout 1000rnds 0.2. Best tappet available for a v2 m4?

Did you wear a tappet plate out in 1K rnds?

I would suspect that you have more problems than just the tappet plate if you did. There is something out of place.

Check the delayer chip and the offset pin. I would expect there to be a burr or score on one of the faces, Acting as an abrasive to the T-plate.

As for the best tappet plate. There isn't one. Provided it fits and runs smoothly it's doing its job. Rocket airsoft, ZCI, SHS, ASG ultimate are all products I would use. The Rocket and ZCI from @ak2m4 are generally the best priced @£3.50 each.

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/tappet-plates

There are some weaker tappet plates out there, but they tend to be oem-parts. The common fault you see in this instance isn't wearing out, it's the plate bending rather than been pulled back. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived