Mesh googles/glasses

ExArmy91
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been a mesh user since I started 2009/10ish, I have tried some cheaper glasses like bolles and some others before with anti fog but I still fogged them up quick. I have yet to have a single issue with mesh In that time, I play a good mix of sites both woodland and close CQB, I have however seen more than a few games call a ceasefire because of glasses allowing bbs to enter from the back/sides so mesh isn't the only risk to consider ..

Whatever you buy just make sure it's from a reputable company/manufacturer and replace if you start to see damage.. 

• 4 weeks later...

Summary: 

Fan-assisted goggles and contact lens (or prescription lens inserts).

Longer version:

I'm also wearing eyeglasses. Fogging eye pro (rental on our first game) really ruined my and my wife's interest with airsoft. 

I got us those fan-assisted goggles (one with the fan on side and one with the fan on top) and both worked well. Even on those cases when I forgot to turn them on :p

Unfortunately, I feel that they will press against the eyeglasses temples and may potentially ruin them. I have been using daily contact lenses during the games. I recently got one of those universal lens insert frames but is yet to bring them to the optical shop for lens fitting. I feel that it will give me a very narrow field of vision though. 

On 11/02/2019 at 08:22, Igme said:

Summary: 

Fan-assisted goggles and contact lens (or prescription lens inserts).

Longer version:

I'm also wearing eyeglasses. Fogging eye pro (rental on our first game) really ruined my and my wife's interest with airsoft. 

I got us those fan-assisted goggles (one with the fan on side and one with the fan on top) and both worked well. Even on those cases when I forgot to turn them on 😛

Unfortunately, I feel that they will press against the eyeglasses temples and may potentially ruin them. I have been using daily contact lenses during the games. I recently got one of those universal lens insert frames but is yet to bring them to the optical shop for lens fitting. I feel that it will give me a very narrow field of vision though. 

Again, I've got to recommend dye i5's they are designed to let you wear glasses indeed them. The foam that seals around you face (think of large goggles, the foam as a similar outline in where it sits against you face) has openings at the temples to allow the frames for glasses to pass through, without pressing them into your temples. 

As for RX inserts in goggles, I've tried these too. I tend to find they don't limit field of view any more than glasses do. Sure right at the extremes (eyes rolled all the way to the edge of their range) you'll not be looking through the lens but  I find it's usually more comfortable to turn my head slightly than to roll my eyes that far for more than a quick glance. 

I'd say RX inserts for goggles/ballistic glasses will cover 80-90% if not more of your field of view. 

If you wear glasses then mesh goggles on top is perfect.

That will allow enough air in to clear fogging.

Side note: ASG Blasters were also banned at Absolute Airsoft Reading a few months ago. I don't know if its still the case.

On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 13:00, Mad Rag said:

@ExArmy91 did you give that video a watch ? some good recommendations there

W4sted Space is one of the first Airsoft enthusiasts I follwed.  Thanks to his review on eye protection, in this clip and a another video of his, I am soured on mesh protection.  Whenever I play I plan on using paintball masks.  They offer better eye protection in addition to covering the entire face.  

32 minutes ago, Eddie The Headshot said:

W4sted Space is one of the first Airsoft enthusiasts I follwed.  Thanks to his review on eye protection, in this clip and a another video of his, I am soured on mesh protection.  Whenever I play I plan on using paintball masks.  They offer better eye protection in addition to covering the entire face.  

lol, I'm subscribed to that guy and had no idea he did Airsoft.

On 16/02/2019 at 03:24, Eddie The Headshot said:

hes got a fair few good airsoft videos. 

Archived