SAS in action in Nairobi

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just when you really need an SAS trooper, one pops up to help out.

For some reason i cant post the link but check it out in the news. Loads of pics of a mysterious man with a blanked out face with some sort of AR

• Supporters

Terrible business, thank god the guy, & other professionals were close by, especially when you consider some of the Kenyan forces may not be top quality, such as this "officer" (spot the obvious mistake)

IMG_4193.JPG

• Head Moderator
4 hours ago, Tackle said:

especially when you consider some of the Kenyan forces may not be top quality, 

To say that African troops are any good is an understatement.  Only exception would be the South African army.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

To say that African troops are any good is an understatement.  Only exception would be the South African army.

When I was "in" we had a few visits from some guys called "the league of tin helmets" or something similar, ex U.K. Forces visiting their old depots & trying to recruit us for sadf, their biggest selling point, other than better money, was "you get to shoot as many fuzzie wuzzies as you like".

SERIOUSLY 😏

p.s. I should say, this was in the mid '80's, apartheid was in full swing & there was an element of discontent within the army following the Falklands conflict, & the many kit failures etc.

17 hours ago, Tackle said:

'there was an element of discontent within the army'

Lol when is there ever not an element of discontent.

• Supporters

I used to work with a surgeon who’d migrated from Rhodesia when it became Zimbabwe to South Africa and then to the uk when Mandela became president of SA , who used to call any coloured person a ‘floppy’ now I knew why but nobody else in the operating theatre did , so one day the theatre sister says to him “MR Cromwell why do you call anyone of colour a floppy?” And his reply in a very thick Rhodesian accent ?  

“because when you shoot em with a 762 they go all floppy ! “ now as I’m sure you can guess that went down like a case of the clap in a brothel ! And he was told in no uncertain terms do not call them that again , to which he complied BUT he then started to call them ‘spinners’ so same nurse same question, his reply this time ? “If you catch em climbing the fence and you put a round through em , they just hang there and spin in the wind !” Has to be said there’s nothing like your old school southern African white mans opinion of the indigenous population ! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 16/01/2019 at 20:28, Jedi_Master said:

Not anymore I’m afraid to say , I’ve got family still out there and last time I spoke to my cousin (he was SADF most of his life) he said it had gone down the shitter big time .

Archived