Your photos are blurry ! Seriously ?

Druid799
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Yet another bugbear (yes I know I have lots , I’m old deal with it !😉) but joking aside this really does bug the shit out of me , blurred or just poor quality photos ! On another forum looking through the sales section and there was pistol for sale usual spiel “nearly new not a mark on it still in the box blah blah blah” but because it’s in the box (which is lined with black styrofoam) you cant actually see the gun in any of the pictures ! 😳  

We’re living in a digital age for gods sake is there really any excuse for posting crap quality photos ? Odds are your either taking them with your Phone/tablet or even a CAMERA ! all digital so all capable of taking hundreds of photos in seconds ? 

Unless of course you’ve managed to grab that one in a million never to be seen again pic then yea fair comment post it BUT with the one caveat that we must still be able to tell what it is !(example few yrs ago down at the NAE standing outside my tent hear the drone of merlin engines and next thing I know the last two Lancaster bombers still flying in the world flew over head together , pics are a bit blurry and off centre , but it was the LAST TWO  FRICKING LANC’S STILL FLYING FFS !😍) and especially in sales threads , you see a sale and think “ohh that looks interesting ?” You click on the sale AND the picture looks like it’s been taken with a camera lens that there 2yr old child has picked up after eating his tea with his hands or is so badly lite that it could be anything in the picture  ! 🤦‍♂️

Oh yes, blurry photos do my head in as well! If folk can't be bothered to even take a decent photo of the ting they want to sell, how long is it going to take them to post it after they have the money I wonder.... -_-

3 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

the last two Lancaster bombers still flying in the world flew over head together , pics are a bit blurry and off centre , but it was the LAST TWO  FRICKING LANC’S STILL FLYING FFS !😍

I saw them when the RAF did their 100th year flight... Never even realised they were the last two!

But yeah back to the point...

Totally agree with this, how do people not get the idea that if you put a bit of effort in and take a decent few photos it actually looks like you care about the sale at the very least!?

2 minutes ago, Arwen said:

how long is it going to take them to post it after they have the money I wonder.... -_-

Exactly what I was meaning too... if they don't care enough about the photos they can't be that arsed with the sale as a whole!

@Druid799 and there I go thinking of doing an unboxing video for my Aug using shaky cam and some classic Michael Bay lense flare 🤣

I completely agree though, it's not difficult to take a few good photos.

• Supporters

lol, I second the "black guns on a black background" gripe, do these numpties not look at their pics before posting them ?.

Had this before looking at an E&L AK on here. Thought the picture was a thumb nail but making if full screen didn't change the size. No idea how in this day and age they could take such a small blurry picture of a gun unless they were using a phone camera from the early 2000's!

• Mostly Retired Moderators

This boils my piss as well. Real bug bear of mine.

If you want it sold, you've got to put the effort in! 

All my adverts - if you wanted to dig through them - have lots of up close photos so people can almost feel what they're going to get. It helps build confidence in the buyer as well.

Pose it on a good neutral background (wooden tables are ace for this), Take your time, use interesting angles and control your breathing.

Then (and I think people skip this stage) actually look at the photos you've taken to make sure they're good.

If not, re-take them.

I recently took these photos of my G22 (Sorry @rocketdogbert, Christmas ruined me... put me down for another in two months!)

They are MASSIVE resolution, but hopefully show enough of the gun, in enough detail to get it sold quickly.

https://imgur.com/a/MpZdiHm

1 hour ago, SilentMelon said:

...Thought the picture was a thumb nail but making if full screen didn't change the size...

I think this might be a bug on the site because I've uploaded a large image but looking at it afterwards only shows a very small version.

Don't know why but may do that if the image is too big perhaps...?

• Supporters
4 hours ago, L3wisD said:

control your breathing.

You don't stop your heart from beating while triggering your Sniper Snapstm?  I guess you don't want to sell that much.

Archived