New To Airsoft

ExArmy91
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All.

Ex Army lad here. Served in 16 air assault brigade and completed the infamous P Company. Won't mention what regiment however :)

I went to airsoft this weekend after watching it on YouTube. Previously I saw it as something geeky and a way (no offense intended) of playing solider and pretending to be the SAS. However it was a good laugh and enjoyable and booked in again for this weekend.

A few questions if someone could help?

Best make of guns are Tokyo Mauri G&G and ICS? Or does it depend in what type of gun you want?

Best sites to get gear? Patrolbase?

Where could I get a molle vest? Pretty tempted to get an old ospery one as they've now changed the armour the forces use or can anyone recommend me a decent molle one that is comfortable. I'm 5 ft 8 and 94kg atm, i go to the gym often( not fat)

Thanks all, have a good day :)

Welcome to the Forum, glad you enjoyed your day of Pew pew enough to give it another bash.

Kit is down to personal preference, Myself I run the jeans and hoody with my desert wellies, I have a condor battle belt with drop leg, and i've just bought myself a cheap  jump plate carrier purely for the magazine carrying capacity, chest rig was also considered. 

Most important bits of Kit for me was Eye protection quickly followed by face/ear, and gloves. I also ended up buying a replica fast lid after nearly knocking myself out on a low flying crawlspace.

Guns...  Well that's an entire chapter on itself, Tokyo Marui has long been considered a premier brand, but there are plenty other companies that have good serviceable stuff. My advice as Airsoft guns are in the base terms the same mechanisms wrapped in different skins, is pick something that you like, and do some google/youtube research on it,  that's how I settled on my Asg Cz Evo a1.

Sites, 

Great starting point is the where to buy thread on this forum.

Molle vest, depends on what you want to spend really...

Welcome to the forum! Yes, most airsoft sites are a laugh and a giggle. I thought it would be too serious for me at first, glad to say I was proven wrong ! :D

Sites I commonly buy from:

Landwarrior.com

zerooneairsoft.com

fire-support.co.uk

and good old ebay! 

There are many more, along with recommendations in the "Where to buy " section on the forum.

Best makes of guns depends on what you are looking for and your budget. If you are looking for a great AEG and have no max budget then you can't really go wrong with a TM recoil and a couple of select mods (main convert to lipo batteries.)

If you have a small budget, G&G's are fantastic, I've just bought my second from them. 

@Arwen@ExArmy91 yesssss deffo eBay or amazon. I got near enough everything from eBay bar my gloves they are from amazon. don't get cheap eye pro as they can be made poorly can may shatter or break when hit there is a good video on youtube on this

hope this helps :D 

9 hours ago, ExArmy91 said:

Hi All.

Ex Army lad here. Served in 16 air assault brigade and completed the infamous P Company. Won't mention what regiment however :)

I went to airsoft this weekend after watching it on YouTube. Previously I saw it as something geeky and a way (no offense intended) of playing solider and pretending to be the SAS. However it was a good laugh and enjoyable and booked in again for this weekend.

A few questions if someone could help?

Best make of guns are Tokyo Mauri G&G and ICS? Or does it depend in what type of gun you want?

Best sites to get gear? Patrolbase?

Where could I get a molle vest? Pretty tempted to get an old ospery one as they've now changed the armour the forces use or can anyone recommend me a decent molle one that is comfortable. I'm 5 ft 8 and 94kg atm, i go to the gym often( not fat)

Thanks all, have a good day :)

Ebay is where you can get osprey stuff. 

We have allot of Ex army blokes floating about my locals it's not that unusual. 

Airsoft is basically COD IRL, good news it's COD on a PS3, no squeakers, some people are as you describe, others fat and sweaty (like me), a great deal are like you, 

If you're okay with bunny cording the wires, there's a great basic tac-vest on on amazon for £10-20. They're not exactly great quality and you might have to add some poppers if you put a bunch of equipment on, but otherwise, my god for the price they're good. 

You'll be wanting this: https://www.airsoftdb.com

Reddit is also the best internet based rescorce, even is a bunch of the posters are YDFC

Welcome to the forum - if you ever decide you want a variant of the G36 platform, give me a shout. I've pretty much had one of each now... 😁

Archived