Converting to G-Spec

Lozart
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I've recently picked up a S/H Cyma 701b. It's already been flat hopped and is running a shade over 500FPS (so it needs work from the off).

Looking into the various options (AirsoftPro upgrades etc) I got to wondering if there was any mileage in converting this to a G-Spec length setup? I get the better maneuverability of a shorter barrel and the option of fitting a suppressor so why not? Added to which I do rather like a project!

I’d say so. Almost all of the really high end VSR builds are built from G spec lengths. The shorter inner barrel will increase your volume ratio, so you would lose a bit of FPS because of the length (good as you’re over) but have more joule potential with heavy ammo. 

• Supporters

Cool, so we're looking at a G-Spec outer and a 300mm barrel, yes? (plus silencer adaptor and something suitably phallic to put on the end)

I've also been looking at the Maple Leaf enhanced hop unit and the AirsoftPro zero trigger unit, would you say it's worth going the whole hog and getting the upgrade kit instead?

You can either run the short barrel with a silencer acting as a silencer, or have a longer barrel running through the silencer just for looks. There’s not a great deal an airsoft silencer can do anyway, so it’s down to you. 

Not sure about that hop chamber. I’m sure it’s great, but everyone and their dog put the action army one in 

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Not sure about that hop chamber. I’m sure it’s great, but everyone and their dog put the action army one in 

There is a better solution now. Stock chamber with a Gunsmithy hop arm and TDC. It's very very good.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Samurai said:

There is a better solution now. Stock chamber with a Gunsmithy hop arm and TDC. It's very very good.

I saw the install vid for that the other day. Arm looks good but that adjuster turret is gopping!

After watching the videos on it, I’d say samurai is correct. Does seem like the best solution 

Archived