40mm green gas shells

Fat-jd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi all got a m203 and in all honesty im not very impressed with it got a couple of diffrent makes of shells and they all seem a bit pants. 

what do you lot think of the performance of your launcher 

• Supporters
40 minutes ago, Fat-jd said:

hi all got a m203 and in all honesty im not very impressed with it got a couple of diffrent makes of shells and they all seem a bit pants. 

what do you lot think of the performance of your launcher 

All depends on how your using it , what capacity shells your using , what gas your using , what kind of ranges your expecting from it ? 

All relevent to how it performs.

when I had one I used shells with a capacity of anything between 50-100 but no more and always used propane, and generally tried to restrict its use to shorter ranges or more confined spaces , worked bloody marvellously for me !👍

using matrix shells there about 70 bb capacity and im using abbey green gas was expecting about 20 meter out of it really but getting about 5meters if im lucky 

• Supporters

I bought a few different ones and then settled on SHS shells. 

Then I consigned my launcher to bottom of the kit bag as they're about as much use as a one legged an at an arse kicking contest.

• Supporters

CQB they can be absolutely awesome ! But outdoors ? Nine times out of ten there about as impressive as a beer fart in a thunderstorm ! But again swap to tag rounds outdoors ? Total reversal again !

But yea on the whole I do agree with Lozart . 

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Druid799 said:

CQB they can be absolutely awesome ! But outdoors ? Nine times out of ten there about as impressive as a beer fart in a thunderstorm ! But again swap to tag rounds outdoors ? Total reversal again !

But yea on the whole I do agree with Lozart . 

Underbarrel launchers particularly bug me. I really like having them on the gun because they look cool (especially the EGLM I have on the SCAR) but having it loaded with a shell that doesn't leak at exactly the right time balanced against lugging it around the whole time? Nah. It's gone the way of the x3 magnifiers and tracer magazines (in the bottom drawer).

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Underbarrel launchers particularly bug me. I really like having them on the gun because they look cool (especially the EGLM I have on the SCAR) but having it loaded with a shell that doesn't leak at exactly the right time balanced against lugging it around the whole time? Nah. It's gone the way of the x3 magnifiers and tracer magazines (in the bottom drawer).

Walks off sheepishly whistling in the opposite direction trying to look as if he hasn’t done EXACTLY the same thing !😇

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Standalone, mounted on your back is a good compromise. Need to catch up with Taggin, see what's cooking. Tag rounds ftw!

yeah they do look good but i think there as much use as t!ts on a fish. Not sure if i should get mad bull shells or just forget it mmm what to do 

Got the cyma pistol launcher cm 038 i think? Looks like a ris rail on a blunderbus pistol.

Either way always had issues with the nades leaking.  Returned em a couple times till i got a non leaker.  Used it a few times for a laugh and had some confused responses from people i hit with it which was fun.   

But yeah.  Its not used now,  just gathering dust. Faaar from practical 

• Supporters

of all the 40mm bb launching shells the best for range is the 40-mike and tbh even that's unreliable and underwhelming, ironic given it's "omg this launcher is so scary it's banned" reputation.

having been on both the sending, recieving and observing ends of 40mm launches (including the aformentioned 40-mike) i've yet to see one get effective hits with the sole exception of my tripwire landmine which did hit 2 people who decided not to call it anyway.

having seen the impact firing tag's demo'd in the flesh it was freaking scary, although i don't disagree with the idea for the likes of timed charges i would not like to hit someone (or be hit myself) in the face with one of those.

On 19/01/2019 at 15:46, Adolf Hamster said:

Ive seen co2 filled shells, super powerful but also super rough on the internals and very hard to trigger

didnt think a green gas shell would take the pressure of co2 

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Fat-jd said:

didnt think a green gas shell would take the pressure of co2 

Some of them can, the likes of the asg shells can although they sound like a shotgun when they go off.

And needless to say it doesnt take long before you start blowing out o rings etc

• 2 weeks later...

get yourself a madbull xm-204hpb shell and run it with unregulated co2. You can increase range by not compleatly filling it with bbs. The trick to not damaging the internals with co2 is to install a thick o ring around the push button inside the shell. This acts as a buffer for the valve core preventing it from pounding the base of the shell and deforming it. you must also make piece with the fact that o rings are consumable items and will need to be replaced when they fail. Buy spares, there only pennys each. I bought an adapter that allows me to fill my nades from soda stream bottles, very cheap and effective. Asg 90 shells are also champs on running co2 but to get good range with them you need to make buck shot rounds by glueing those little paper souffle cups you get at mcdonalds sauce ststions together back to back. Never put co2 in shells that arnt made to handel it as some have been known to expload.

Good middle ground if you cba with co2 is guarder black gas - not nuprol!!! - as that is dogshit.

S-thunder are the best shells by a massive,massive margin. You used to be able to get 6 packs of shells from various brands fairly cheaply but those days are gone, sadly. 

Shower shells are obviously best indoors, and i reccomend an underslung indoors so you can fire them off quickly. Get a fair amount of shells (i use 4+1 in gun) as if you only have a few you will shy away from actually using it. And at any given time a % of your shells won't work. 

A few pics of my home made mcbuckshot rounds. These things work great as the skirt at the back of the shell forms a perfect air seal allowing all of the energy from the expansion of gas in a paintball style shell to be used to push the bbs down the barrel of the launcher rather than just rushing past the bbs. The front end then opens  up like a flower a few meters after being launched. Around 35 meter range with an 80bb spread when running co2 in a madbull pb4

FB_IMG_1526473249916.jpg

FB_IMG_1526578854210.jpg

FB_IMG_1526578872314.jpg

40mm launchable foam grenades are a lot of fun too. These tend to average around 60 meters range when fired from a long barrel m203 with a paintball style shell running co2

1515868192667.jpg

1515857043485.jpg

1515856153628.jpg

• Supporters

how do you prevent the mcshotcups from being blown apart by the force? i know a mate of mine ran those same foam darts on co2 and blew the back of the thing to bits, i'd imagine a paper cup would so the same

If you want maximum range from shower style shells then you wont get better performance than madbull xm-204hp shells on co2. These shells are top performers due to the larger gas chamber and longer inner barrels. If you half fill them with bbs the unused portion of the tubes will act as barrels. 

The disc of glue from the hot glue gun between the two cups is fairly sturdy and takes the force. The wax paper the cup is made from is also a little tougher than normal paper. I guess the wax helps to stop the pressure getting between the papers fibres

The single piece moulding of the foam grenades prevents the fins from coming off. Nerf darts and other cheaper imitations fins are glued on and the glue cant take the force. The single piece foam grenades that i make are much tougher and can be re used over and over again. Unless you loose it that is.

Archived