Shooting of a different kind at UA this Saturday Jan 19th

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I'm making another trip to UA but this time as a war correspondent! I'm bringing my camera gear, so dust off your best plate carrier, unwrap the protective wrapping from your new RIF and get ready to pose for action shots and dramatically jump out of windows! (or is that just me?)

I'll be there from the get go, and may stick with 1 team for the morning and 1 team for the afternoon, I'll see how it plays out.

Here's a small selection of the photos from Saturday 19th, you can see the full set on my Google Photos Album

Some awesome RIFs in use, that HK 417 was lovely and some excellent UMP 45s which I don't see a lot of.

IMG_7761.jpg

IMG_7636.jpg

IMG_7581.jpg

IMG_7580.jpg

IMG_7569.jpg

IMG_7451.jpg

IMG_7446.jpg

IMG_7375.jpg

IMG_7360.jpg

IMG_7329.jpg

IMG_7311.jpg

IMG_7296.jpg

Old Chap with the pipe is called Trevor and is a well known cheating sod.

15 hours ago, Vulpiness said:

I was promised UMPs, there are no UMPs I am disappoint! 

Ah now hang on, are these UMPs or UMGs ? Or something altogether different! The chap in the checked shirt I only caught up with a couple of times in the day.

4 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Old Chap with the pipe is called Trevor and is a well known cheating sod.

Ha! I didn't see that, I've played alongside him before, he only came along for a couple of games.

IMG_7772.jpg

IMG_7425.jpg

2 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

My god that is awful (good photo though, subtle edits?)

I dunno, I kinda liked the ghetto addition of the carry handle.

No Photoshopping, just some levels and colour adjustment in Lightroom.  The lens I use is an F4 across the range so gives great depth of field

1 minute ago, AndyDynamic said:

I dunno, I kinda liked the ghetto addition of the carry handle.

No Photoshopping, just some levels and colour adjustment in Lightroom.  The lens I use is an F4 across the range so gives great depth of field

Nice! even with just that I like how raw the photos look but I guess the setting of the site has a hand in that also (cant say I'm a massive fan of the site personally though) what SLR body are you using?

7 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Nice! even with just that I like how raw the photos look but I guess the setting of the site has a hand in that also (cant say I'm a massive fan of the site personally though) what SLR body are you using?

Cheers for that, yeah I wanted to make the most of the site now before it crumbles to dust! It was the first site I played at so for me I quite enjoy it.

Camera is an Eos 7D, bought it used. I wanted the full frame and high fps for motorsport shots

Archived