Hi guys wanting help

Chris350
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey peeps 

Been 10 years out of Airsoft and need some help...

Is there anything that I am missing from my load out here

Uramex ts6051 (k type 5.1 hicapa) 3 mags

ICS cxp 3 mags

Just seeing as the guns haven't been used in 10 years what spare parts I might need

Thanks for the help in advance

Thank chris

15474962428868154418078306977447.jpg

15474962783191698911301906171747.jpg

15474963156916774547622664909301.jpg

No expert but I would imagine the gearbox would benefit from a clean and lube.

Bucking and nub replacement, barrel clean.

Are the batteries 10 years old? Perhaps new batteries as I imagine they are probably fubared.

Thanks you for you help magpie... Nope the batteries are brand you..

What do you mean bye the bucking and nub replacement

Thanks Chris

Any special products to clean and lube the gearbox or will normally gun oil do

Ah ok.

The inner barrel has a rubber bucking that is pressed down into the barrel by the nub in the hop unit. This imparts the backspin on the BB as it is fired.  As the bucking is rubber, I would imagine it would be a good idea to replace it at 10 years old as it may have hardened etc.    Bucking and nub are not expensive. 

As for the gearbox, I imagine the grease would have dried up and so personally would clean this off and relube.   

I will be honest I am not sure on what you would need exactly, but I think proper gun oil is a no no.  My advice is based purely on what I would think would happen, and knowledge of grease in bearings on mountain bike components tac.

I am sure someone with more technical knowledge will be able to give better more in-depth advice soon.

Thank you for the hell I realized after I said gun oil I meant grease okay I buy a new hop up yet for it better safe than sorry I suppose haha

Chris

Like I said though, I would hope that someone with more experience would confirm things and what you should do.

Hi

If you are not confident, it might be better to find a tech to service your guns. 

But if it has a split gearbox, it will be easier than most guns to add the grease, as you don't need to completely take it apart to grease the gears.

Shouldn't use gun grease on the plastic/rubber bits, for that you need silicon grease.  Also check the O ring(s) in the top part of the gearbox, as they may be dried/rotten.  If the piston teeth are mainly plastic, check for wear, as you have it open.  If it needs changing it would be a good idea to do that at the same time.

Have a search of the forum, there are a lot of topics on what to use and where.  And try n ot to get any on the bucking.

Cheers

G

Archived