Magazines for my Ares AR 016.

Marauder211
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I am looking for new magazines for my gun since I'm having a few compatibility issues with feeding (PTS EPM). Can anybody link me to some good midcaps? I don't trust Nuprol.

Thank you, guys.

Using G&G GR16 midcaps, the feed my two Ares nicely, not a single misfeed yet

I've heard mixed things about them, apparently they pre-lubed the channel and it causes bbs to jam behind the follower. (The source for this is the Gun Gamers magazine stress test video) for hex mags.

1 hour ago, Marauder211 said:

I've heard mixed things about them, apparently they pre-lubed the channel and it causes bbs to jam behind the follower. (The source for this is the Gun Gamers magazine stress test video) for hex mags.

Interesting. I haven't experienced  that, and having just watched the video, am contemplating cleaning mine just in case.

However, for me, the video also shows the VFC QRS as a strong winner imo, so why not those for the Ares?

1 minute ago, GenePoolReject said:

I use Ares mid caps in my Krytac, so far no complaints and surely they would pair up well with a Ares gun?

Not really, as the standard Ares Amoeba high caps don't feed Amoeba guns 😂

Just now, Skara said:

Not really, as the standard Ares Amoeba high caps don't feed Amoeba guns 😂

Really? How do you fuck that up! I’m surprised they work in mine then since they can be a bit picky with mags.

No idea mate. I have 3 high caps and none of them feeds my 2 Amoebas without extensive fiddling.

G&G midcaps, G&G drum and Lonex flash mags all feed flawlessly -.-

21 hours ago, Marauder211 said:

On the back of that I opened up my hexmag today and there was indeed a lot of silicone oil in there. Cleaned them out as I was also a bit concerned that these may have caused issues by making the bbs dirty and jam them in the barrel.  About 10 minutes per mag to do.

20 hours ago, MagpieAirsoft said:

Interesting. I haven't experienced  that, and having just watched the video, am contemplating cleaning mine just in case.

However, for me, the video also shows the VFC QRS as a strong winner imo, so why not those for the Ares?

I can vouch for this.

I've got 4 QRS mags that I run with my Avalon and haven't had a single problem since getting them 9-10 months ago.

• Supporters

If your after polymer mags then I can highly recommend ICS T-mags very good mags .

https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/ics-airsoft-t-tactical-magazine-120rd-mid-cap-black-6mm-bbs-ma-409-23621-p.asp

but if you want bog standard no frills STANG mags I’d recommend the classic army mid caps 

I can't believe i recommended the PTS EPMs to people, i genuinely feel like i've been cheated. They worked perfectly at first then i had nothing but problems since. I will look at any mag so long as it isn't CYMA or Nuprol. So long as their compatible and feel solid i'll look at them.

By the way, thank you to everyone who has put input on here, any help is good help at this point. So far everyone on here has been amazing with advice, i am buykng my first Eotech from the advice that you guys gave and i'm looking at a torch (surefire replica) based on your advice as well. So thank you all :)

Archived