Airsoft teams

Jaegerbombwot
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Try Facebook. I don't know many people on here from that area.

If you join an Airsoft Facebook page, chances are someone will be near you as most people that are on the group's actually see these types of posts compared to using forums. 

• Supporters

OR go to your site , check out any teams there , get your face recognised (for the right reason of course) make friends with them and I’m sure you’ll get invited to join ? Basically that’s how most successful teams work it (teams you join cold don’t usually work well/last long together , you’ve only Airsoft in common no ‘social connection’ so there’s no glue to hold you together) team I belong too there’s 6 soon to be 7 members and you don't ask to join your invited too , over the past 15+yrs there’s been 15 players in it (I’m the only original left) we try to socialize together every now and again and we keep in contact most days via our messenger group so we all know each other really well , but as I said we knew each other at the site BEFORE you were invited to join the team .

9 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

OR go to your site , check out any teams there , get your face recognised (for the right reason of course) make friends with them and I’m sure you’ll get invited to join ? Basically that’s how most successful teams work it (teams you join cold don’t usually work well/last long together , you’ve only Airsoft in common no ‘social connection’ so there’s no glue to hold you together) team I belong too there’s 6 soon to be 7 members and you don't ask to join your invited too , over the past 15+yrs there’s been 15 players in it (I’m the only original left) we try to socialize together every now and again and we keep in contact most days via our messenger group so we all know each other really well , but as I said we knew each other at the site BEFORE you were invited to join the team .

THIS. 

I tried joining a team cold a couple of times. Without knowing any of them socially and only having played 4 or 5 times before. Met a guy on a game day who showed up 4 hours late, exchanged names, had a chat and then went to go play and I didn't see him at all on the field. Essentially didn't speak again. Luckily I was with a bunch of friends at the game and one of them became my regular Battle Buddy who I now do site reviews with. Long story short, still not part of a team, but couldn't commit to anything serious anyway! 

Maybe one day when I stop reviewing sites. 

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

THIS. 

I tried joining a team cold a couple of times. Without knowing any of them socially and only having played 4 or 5 times before. Met a guy on a game day who showed up 4 hours late, exchanged names, had a chat and then went to go play and I didn't see him at all on the field. Essentially didn't speak again. Luckily I was with a bunch of friends at the game and one of them became my regular Battle Buddy who I now do site reviews with. Long story short, still not part of a team, but couldn't commit to anything serious anyway! 

Maybe one day when I stop reviewing sites. 

Please don't ever stop reviewing sites, your reviews are just awesome. 

4 minutes ago, Keldon said:

Please don't ever stop reviewing sites, your reviews are just awesome. 

Hah. Short term I will be continuing. Long term, probably not. I want kids soon! 

• Supporters
58 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Hah. Short term I will be continuing. Long term, probably not. I want kids soon! 

Are you sure?

Have you tried one before purchasing?  

I have a few you could lease! Let you see the errors of your ways.

Well your always welcome to join our motley crew if I ever manage to get to a game your at!

25 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Are you sure?

Have you tried one before purchasing?  

I have a few you could lease! Let you see the errors of your ways.

Well your always welcome to join our motley crew if I ever manage to get to a game your at!

Not my decision so much as entropy's!

If we struggle to get it together normally then there is not much likelihood of joining your Motley Crue!

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Not my decision so much as entropy's!

If we struggle to get it together normally then there is not much likelihood of joining your Motley Crue!

Were not a proper team, we mainly just take the Piss out of each other and play our normal games. It’s just nice, occasionally, when you have that arrogant team on the other side who think that the sun shines out of somewhere unnatural, that me and the “Crue” can actually put our talents together and upset them. 

Its happened more times than I care to remember...

3 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Second this.

There is 34 members of our team (some more active than others) we have Christmas together, Weddings... everything. I'm an hour or so from the majority of the team but we still regularly go out together and help out where and when we can with anything outside of airsoft as well as in airsoft.

A lot of teams are based on invite. Get your face known, make friends and you'll most likely be making battle buddies then you can either make your own team or join one that's already founded.

48 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Second this.

There is 34 members of our team (some more active than others) we have Christmas together, Weddings... everything. I'm an hour or so from the majority of the team but we still regularly go out together and help out where and when we can with anything outside of airsoft as well as in airsoft.

A lot of teams are based on invite. Get your face known, make friends and you'll most likely be making battle buddies then you can either make your own team or join one that's already founded.

What team is that? 

Archived