Laser Ammo

Salz007
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello Airsoft Community just had a couple questions here regarding laser ammo, parts and function, which I haven't been able to find effectively  online.

I've stumbled upon something called laser ammo, from what I've read and looked up it uses a recoil enabled light to switch the laser on/off from the use of blow-back. You're only supposed to switch out the outer barrel and there's no need for an inner barrel as the outer barrel has that recoil enabled system inside it. This allows for shooting at reflective targets indoors or even outdoors without having to deal with the mess of bbs and ricochets, for someone who either is unable to shoot outdoors or indoors for whatever reason and to also enable blow-back effect.

My first question, which I've also looked into, is the question of dry firing. I understand some people's views regarding this and some say one thing or the other but the general synthesis is that it is not good for you GBB airsoft gun. Airsoftology has a good explanation of this on his YouTube channel. The question is though from the use of this laser ammo system with different outer barrel with this inner recoil enabled laser system does that change the outcome at all? Why or why not?

My second question is, if you no longer have a inner barrel does this change the mechanics of the GBB pistol? I.E. would it increase wear on the internal parts or would it decrease as less contact with the blow-back unit?

Links to product and video assembly below. Interested in what other people think. And would anyone ever use this?

Link to laser ammo - http://store.laser-ammo.com/airsoft.html

Video installation -

UPDATE:  I've sent out a cheeky email to the company to get a bit more information and they say that, "The replacement barrel simulates the effect of having a round in the chamber, so it would not count as dry firing the airsoft pistol".

9 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Are you affiliated with this product?

No, I'm interested in it. Would be pretty cool to have a couple of reflective targets set up in my house for like CQB training

Archived