Krytac.....?

snuff
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking to purchase a replacement for my main,I've always had ICS as I have little patience or techy knowledge and they have split gearboxes.

Now most AEGs have q/c springs the market has widened for me..

I've been looking on Taiwan guns at the Arcturus (AR15) range but I also looked at Krytac (Trident/War),they seem a bit niche or rare?,not your common AEG,why?

One of my m8's has one and although he doesn't play much atm he swears by it and is impressed by its equipment level and build quality.

I'd appreciate any feedback before I purchase,ideally from people that had them but changed for something else,but any comments are welcome(pm's welcome),I have googled reviews,thanks.

• Supporters

Krytac are highly rated. There guns are good out of the box and don’t need any modifications(bar the usually deans and possibly hop rubber- the stock one is useable) 

They look very nice too. A team mate has the LVOA and he loves it. Feed it food quality .28g-.3g BBs and it will outperform most stock rifles.

Be wary, there was a bad batch of receivers out a while ago, where the term KryCrack was concieved. 

As with all things, you get good and bad experiences, pop into a shop with some and give them a good going over before making any decision.

Reading reviews from users and stuff the only issue that seems to arise is mag compatibility,is that common?Do they need specific mags?Thanks.

• Supporters

Now that you mention it. I have heard they are a bit choosy on the Mag front. There is a compatibility list, I’ll see if I can find it.

https://krytac.forumchitchat.com/post/official-magazine-compatibility-list-last-update-081514-7040007

Shoukd help you.

I have a Krytac trident MK2 spr, so far it’s been excellent, the build quality is really good and very good range and accuracy out of the box. ROF is good despite uk versions shipping with the 20k motor rather than the 30k Americans get and you will find little need to upgrade anything. Most say that even the prommy TBB for the SPR is a waste although worth while on the CRB/LVOA models, I assume this is because they have shorter inner barrels?

I have flat hoped mine although I’ve yet to go and try it out to see the difference.

I use Ares mags both high and mid cap which feed well and are a better fit than the Krytac mag although it’s marginal.

What I will say is that although it has a quick change spring you will still need to remove the gearbox from the receiver, not the end of the world but Krytac love threadlocker so removing screws is an absolute ball ache the first time you do it.

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

I cant see either of those brands being that much better then ICS personally. 

Damn you had to throw that in.😆...I've always had ICS...and very few issues.

18 minutes ago, GenePoolReject said:

I have a Krytac trident MK2 spr, so far it’s been excellent, the build quality is really good and very good range and accuracy out of the box. ROF is good despite uk versions shipping with the 20k motor rather than the 30k Americans get and you will find little need to upgrade anything.

What I will say is that although it has a quick change spring you will still need to remove the gearbox from the receiver, not the end of the world but Krytac love threadlocker so removing screws is an absolute ball ache the first time you do it.

I thought the UK versions now have the 30K motor and I'm hoping to never have to take it apart tbh...

10 minutes ago, snuff said:

Damn you had to throw that in.😆...I've always had ICS...and very few issues.

I thought the UK versions now have the 30K motor and I'm hoping to never have to take it apart tbh...

If you want something a bit different, have a gander at the ICS L85. It not only had a quick change spring, but also has three quick change positions for that spring so you can go for lower power but with higher rate of fire in 5 minutes. 

Very very solid RIF

Had one,my m8 still has his "ol reliable"..not a fan of the style TBH..I realised any replacement has got some big boots to fill,but I still have my Transform..😏

10 minutes ago, snuff said:

Had one,my m8 still has his "ol reliable"..not a fan of the style TBH..I realised any replacement has got some big boots to fill,but I still have my Transform..😏

Question is, do you want to stick with M4's?

I don't think you'll find much difference between the ICS and other high end brands at all. 

• Supporters

I will agree that ICS do sell some great guns out of the box. A buddy purchased an AK74-Us and tried it this weekend, I was staggered by its OOTB performance... really made my next gun to buy decision very difficult.

Yes M4 fanboy I'm afraid....

My friend has brought his Krytac CRB around for me to try..no real comparison to compare with my ICS as in size obviously but a hell of a lot louder,is that the nature of a CQB because my short M4(ICS) is quite noisy by comparison?Build quality is nice on the Krytac.

Then another friend appeared and tried my Transform and asked why I'm changing it,TBH it's because I rebuilt(!!) the lower gearbox and I'm not sure it will last..as I said it's not a fair comparison but TBH it fires sweet...

This is just what I needed to help me decide...I'll use my ICS on Sunday before I make a decision..thanks for all the help..

Archived