Newbie gun advice

tuckytuckyt
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

which type of guns did you use did you like them?  Also you need to remember to budget for at least one battery( this will depend on gun as to what capacity will fit so two are better if you get something that dosn't have room in the stock)  and a charger( the battery and chargers that come with some Chinese guns are worthless). you can get by on one high cap but a having two or 3 is better.

21 minutes ago, EDcase said:

First thing is to look at what look/style you want.  Then get into the specifics of which make and model...

I like the look of m4 style which is what i have used and they feel nice to hold and use 

11 minutes ago, BigStew said:

which type of guns did you use did you like them?  Also you need to remember to budget for at least one battery( this will depend on gun as to what capacity will fit so two are better if you get something that dosn't have room in the stock)  and a charger( the battery and chargers that come with some Chinese guns are worthless). you can get by on one high cap but a having two or 3 is better.

used m4s and good to know, how much are batteries? 

Yep, make sure you have good eye/face protection and boots first.

As BigStew said, allow for purchase of a good battery (LiPo 7.4v) and associated charger.

Things to think about...

Where will you play? Indoors (CQB) with shorter, lower power weapon (350fps max) or outdoors (woodland) longer range going up to sniper (500fps max).

See what's available in airsoft weapons.  There may be something that you like more than an M4.

58 minutes ago, tuckytuckyt said:

I like the look of m4 style which is what i have used and they feel nice to hold and use 

used m4s and good to know, how much are batteries? 

8 to 20 quid for batteries depending on capacity and about £30 for a good charger 

I would have to recommend the G&G CM16 R8-L as it comes with a sight and it leaves you with some money for extras and is all around an amazing gun that was my first and has served me for well over a year with no faults 

• Supporters

Mmm, I know it's a broken record, but you really do have to find reasons not to get one of the basic G&G Combat Machine M4s.

Wanting a different platform is a fine reason, but on a pure value-for-money basis, I agree that they hit the sweet spot.

Archived