Face Prtotection

Mad Rag
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hey all, so I got a facemask the other day however im really struggling on how to wear it. it has one strap and either goes over my ears and hurts or above my ears and pushes my face up making me look squint my eyes. its the one in the image.

so question is... how do I wear it.

thank you.

airsoft.jpg

Hey Bud,

Have a look at these: https://www.instagram.com/airsoftfaceprouk/

It might be a better option for you.

I have one and love it.

• Supporters

OR what you can do is get a piece of 1inch black elastic and stitch a loop of it to the D ring the existing strap is attached too so it goes over the top of your head and then the original strap goes above your ears but you can loosen it off enough that you don’t go cross eyed with the pressure ! 

Simples ! 👍

8 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

OR what you can do is get a piece of 1inch black elastic and stitch a loop of it to the D ring the existing strap is attached too so it goes over the top of your head and then the original strap goes above your ears but you can loosen it off enough that you don’t go cross eyed with the pressure ! 

Simples ! 👍

that's a good shout, see what I can make up.

• Supporters

Mmm, sorry, but that's not a great choice of mask.  One strap is always going to be problematical, and full mesh can make it hard to look down your sights.

I agree with bodging a strap over your head, but long term, one of the half-cloth OneTigris clones with two straps solves a lot of problems that you didn't previously know that you had until you started sinking money into airsoft. ;)

"Foldable half face mask" is a good starting point for searching.  Ear protection isn't vital, but can't hurt.  I mean, it'll hurt less.

OneTigris-Tactical-6-Foldable-Half-Face-

Always wondered what the damage would be from a direct hit by a bb down the ear hole

• Supporters
2 hours ago, kasaran said:

Always wondered what the damage would be from a direct hit by a bb down the ear hole

I’ve heard (no pun intended) anecdotal story’s about getting shot down the lug hole you know the “oh yea my cousins girlfriends brothers best mates dog walker said her son got shot in the ear and his head exploded honest it did !” Sort of thing but never any credible info .

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Mmm, sorry, but that's not a great choice of mask.  One strap is always going to be problematical, and full mesh can make it hard to look down your sights.

I agree with bodging a strap over your head, but long term, one of the half-cloth OneTigris clones with two straps solves a lot of problems that you didn't previously know that you had until you started sinking money into airsoft. ;)

"Foldable half face mask" is a good starting point for searching.  Ear protection isn't vital, but can't hurt.  I mean, it'll hurt less.

OneTigris-Tactical-6-Foldable-Half-Face-

it was what i could get at the time, was a set with some eye protection, i have a balaclava, do you think that will suffice for tonight?

5 hours ago, kasaran said:

I almost found out on Thursday at my last game, I rounded a corner and was shot  virtually point blank in the Ear. thankfully I have one of the foldable mesh masks with ear protection.  definitely worth while getting.

I have one of those thin base layer balaclavas so nothing can go in my ear anyway.  Was paranoid about it from the start

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Mad Rag said:

it was what i could get at the time, was a set with some eye protection, i have a balaclava, do you think that will suffice for tonight?

When the mesh masks first appeared on the market (where by a Russian company called BrassGuard and I still have it) the one you have is a direct copy of them my self and my team mates used them for a good few yrs till the cloth and mesh ones started appearing on the marked , all I did to aid aiming down my gun was press the mesh in a bit tighter against my cheek on the sighting side , worked fine .👍

Made this from an old mask I had.

Sewn a pocket in a neck tube and now I can aim down the lowest of sights while keeping my teeth safe.

Win-win 😎

Also no straps going around my head.

P_20190114_114653_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Archived