What's your favorite bit of "non-combat" kit?

Vulpiness
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has anyone got anything that doesn't help them pew pew that they really like? 

• Supporters

???, what we talking about, clothing, footwear, the car, the dog ?, the list could be endless.

or

do you mean "kit" of a civilian nature, but that has its roots in the military/survival etc etc ?

such as taclites, go-bags, that kinda thing.....

I absolutely love my tactical mag man bag.

I take it onto the field all the time when I just CBA with webbing and rigs.

It's got elastic loops on the inside to hold 12 mags, Molle on the outside for more pouches, I can get a pistol in it when I use 8 mags internally.

My shooting partner hates the fecking thing.

All of the plastic buckles and clasps are made out of the finest Chinese plastic.. and break in the post... I do not recommend the bag. If you replace the plastic bits with a set of climbing carabiners then the thing is actually pretty serviceable.  Mines in olive drab, and cost about £10 on sale from taiwangun a few years ago.

Sorry i mean like quality of life stuff that you like to have for airsoft that isn't a gun, a holster, or a tact vest. 

• Supporters

I'm struggling to think of anything that I carry that's not directly related to pewing (or banging).

Trousers with knee pads, I guess.  Kneeling on BBs on a hard floor without them can be a bit ouchy.

I'm struggling to anwer this as well, unless you are talking really non-essential stuff like patches. 

Even the knee pads help, if you are not worried about your knees, you can focus more on pewing 😉

What would your answer be to your question?

Cheers

G

I always pick up a tesco meal deal on the way to my local cqb. 

Battery case for my phone, all that surfing whilist waiting for the idiots to bomb up takes its toll.

In a slightly different way of answering - one thing I think should be in everyone's kit is a small toolkit of sorts/multitool. The amount of people I hear at game days that have an issue arise and aren't equipped to sort the small issues amazes me. If you have something on your kit that needs a tool, pack it. Obviously your not going to want to bring stuff to do a whole strip down of your gun but I'm talking maybe a multihead screwdriver (there's a few decent ones on the market that don't break the bank), Alum keys for whatever size you know your kit needs and maybe a pair of snips. I constantly get asked while working if I have this that and the other and while I always have a kit on me I don't always like lending stuff out as I've had things come back to me in shit condition or not come back at all (maybe slightly my fault for not chasing them for it back)

So my favorite non-airsoft stuff is the things that allow me to play and keep playing.

Small toolkit (multitool, allen/torx keys, few spares like screws, pins and a hop bucking, unjamming rod, batteries for dots and radio) along with a real life saver on our field, a quality pair of gardening scissors..

And a glass cleaning cloth, thing's essential when you're a sweaty pig like myself :(

• Supporters
54 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

In a slightly different way of answering - one thing I think should be in everyone's kit is a small toolkit of sorts/multitool. The amount of people I hear at game days that have an issue arise and aren't equipped to sort the small issues amazes me. If you have something on your kit that needs a tool, pack it. Obviously your not going to want to bring stuff to do a whole strip down of your gun but I'm talking maybe a multihead screwdriver (there's a few decent ones on the market that don't break the bank), Alum keys for whatever size you know your kit needs and maybe a pair of snips. I constantly get asked while working if I have this that and the other and while I always have a kit on me I don't always like lending stuff out as I've had things come back to me in shit condition or not come back at all (maybe slightly my fault for not chasing them for it back)

So my favorite non-airsoft stuff is the things that allow me to play and keep playing.

I’ve got an old Adidas washbag , the ones you always get at Xmas with a can of smellies and shower gel in it that’s got a small gameday tool kit in , it goes to every scurmish (one of those things i put in my bag automatically now) has a set of different screwdriver and allen bits , the handle , a small adjustable spanner , leccy tape , small pot of silicone , tube of super glue and a load of old ‘bits’n’bobs’ screws , nuts , bolts and a couple of the little RIS clamps off the base of scope mounts that I’ve accrued over the yrs !  Doesn’t take up much room at all but I consider it as important as anything I take with me .

As to non combat kit ? Nothing really springs to mind but I do always have a folding camping chair in the boot of the car for when I tool up at a scurmish and either all the seats are gone in the safezone or there was feck all to start with ! 🤦‍♂️😉

Toolkit for when something shits itself

Lowa z-8N GTX boots. I wear them for about 60 hours a week outside of airsoft. Relatively expensive, but having worn them for maybe 2 years now with no visible wear, I wouldn’t go back to cheap boots ever. 

Warrior assault systems Yorkie pouch (apparently its for pistol mags..)  for that mid game sexist sugar hit.

Almost forgot!

Cable ties, a lot of them. Ranging from the smallest ones up to 1m long ones to handcuff the few girls that sometimes show up 😏

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Toolkit for when something shits itself

Lowa z-8N GTX boots. I wear them for about 60 hours a week outside of airsoft. Relatively expensive, but having worn them for maybe 2 years now with no visible wear, I wouldn’t go back to cheap boots ever. 

Warrior assault systems Yorkie pouch (apparently its for pistol mags..)  for that mid game sexist sugar hit.

I have a 2 pairs of converse combats that are respectively 8&7 yrs old that cost me a fair few beer tokens to import from the states (back then they were still owned by converse and NOT Adidas so were still best quality) looking a bit ‘well loved’ now but still good to go .

you get what you pay for ?

plain or biscuit&rasin ??????😍

21 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I have a 2 pairs of converse combats that are respectively 8&7 yrs old that cost me a fair few beer tokens to import from the states (back then they were still owned by converse and NOT Adidas so were still best quality) looking a bit ‘well loved’ now but still good to go .

you get what you pay for ?

plain or biscuit&rasin ??????😍

Plain. It should be a death sentence for people to put raisins in chocolate 😂. I just wish they were the proper size 

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Plain. It should be a death sentence for people to put raisins in chocolate 😂. I just wish they were the proper size 

+1 to this . Raisins = dried scrotums.🤮

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Probably my odin speedloader, really takes the edge off running midcaps

Good shout, they really are a revelation.  Wind-wind-wind, wow, that's it loaded?  If anyone knows of an MP5 version, please holler.

1 hour ago, Skara said:

Almost forgot!

Cable ties, a lot of them. Ranging from the smallest ones up to 1m long ones to handcuff the few girls that sometimes show up 😏

Cable ties are my towel.

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Nothing really springs to mind but I do always have a folding camping chair in the boot of the car for when I tool up at a scurmish and either all the seats are gone in the safezone or there was feck all to start with ! 🤦‍♂️😉

YES!!!! 

I said to myself to take mine after I went to Battle lakes last time and had to set up in a bush (exaggeration, but not far off :D ) and got thorns in my ass!! 

Need to dig it out the garage and leave in front of the airsoft cupboard so I dont forget!

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Good shout, they really are a revelation.  Wind-wind-wind, wow, that's it loaded?  If anyone knows of an MP5 version, please holler.

sadly i think they don't do an mp5 version, the idea was they were going to publish stl files for different adapters, but they only came out with g36/ak/ump adapters, although i'm sure some enterprising chap has got an mp5 adapter out on one of the various 3d printing sites.

• Supporters

33 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Good shout, they really are a revelation.  Wind-wind-wind, wow, that's it loaded?  If anyone knows of an MP5 version, please holler

Is this what sir is looking for ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tactical-Paintballs-M4-BB-Speed-Loader-Converter-to-Adapt-AK-G36-MP5-Magazine-YK/183618400435?hash=item2ac08270b3:m:mUOAVR9jBXISYe34yvRQDhA

3 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Probably my odin speedloader, really takes the edge off running midcaps

I've yet to see an Odin speedloader in person. Are they a big step up in quality over the copy cat versions (which fall apart after several uses!) 

To justify the cost anyway...

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, RMDavis said:

I've yet to see an Odin speedloader in person. Are they a big step up in quality over the copy cat versions (which fall apart after several uses!) 

i've been using mine solid since they first came out on evike with zero issues. i've heard the copies are worse although it must be materials as the design is a near perfect dimensional copy.

i suspect part of it may be the use of the slipper clutch, i've heard folk setting it too tight and it ends up breaking the wheel although that's also on the original.

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i've been using mine solid since they first came out on evike with zero issues. i've heard the copies are worse although it must be materials as the design is a near perfect dimensional copy.

i suspect part of it may be the use of the slipper clutch, i've heard folk setting it too tight and it ends up breaking the wheel although that's also on the original.

That's good to hear. I may look into replacing my cheap copy, which has a pretty critical fault! The handle that's screwed into the lever on the winder unwinds itself! 😂

Not ideal when you have several mid-caps to load with minutes to spare before safety briefing! 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, RMDavis said:

That's good to hear. I may look into replacing my cheap copy, which has a pretty critical fault! The handle that's screwed into the lever on the winder unwinds itself! 😂

Not ideal when you have several mid-caps to load with minutes to spare before safety briefing! 

well i must say i can't fault mine, i did worry about the clutch unwinding when i first got it but it hasn't been touched in at least 6 months, just filling midcaps.

getting a mate to knock up an ak adapter as loading ak mags with a regular "speed" loader just ain't the same :P

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

getting a mate to knock up an ak adapter as loading ak mags with a regular "speed" loader just ain't the same :P

The link I put up earlier does AK and G36 adapters as well .

26 minutes ago, RMDavis said:

Not even in the same galaxy mate , it’s most definitely the internals quality that sets it apart AND Odin have a no quibble repair policy , a friend bust his atreat by winding way too fast and hard , sent it off and they sent him a new one straight away ! 

Archived