What's your favorite bit of "non-combat" kit?

Vulpiness
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

I said to myself to take mine after I went to Battle lakes last time and had to set up in a bush (exaggeration, but not far off :D ) and got thorns in my ass!! 

I've often thought of taking a donkey along to use as a pack mule.

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

so-beautiful.gif

Yesssss, nice find sir, thank you.  The lack of the word "airsoft" in the description is a great way to stop the riff-raff from getting it. :D

I have a cheap Odin copy.  It works fine.  Yes, the handle on the winder comes off after the slightest of use, but it's not rocket surgery to bodge something else on.  I use a cable tie. ;)

• Supporters

I’ve got an AK one on its way so soon as it arrives I’ll post up if it’s any good or a pile of poop , if it is ok then I’ll be ordering the other two as well ! 👍

4 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I've often thought of taking a donkey along to use as a pack mule.

I used to laugh at the guys with the big plastic wheelie tool chests but after seeing one guy pull out everything he needed and then use it as both a chair AND table in the safe zone I was instantly jealous!!

One wouldnt fit in my car though :( 

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

The link I put up earlier does AK and G36 adapters as well .

yeah, but i've already comissioned him to 3d print it so i'll let him have his fun :D

5 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

I used to laugh at the guys with the big plastic wheelie tool chests but after seeing one guy pull out everything he needed and then use it as both a chair AND table in the safe zone I was instantly jealous!!

One wouldnt fit in my car though :( 

I inherited an old type Stanley roller case, perfect for dragging a stash load of gear, and as you say it becomes a seat and a work bench.

I no longer rate the current generation, the plastic doesn’t seem as tough.  You would have to go for a Fat Max etc for something as rigged.  But the old Stanley has the right balance without being overly large

21 hours ago, MisterG said:

I'm struggling to anwer this as well, unless you are talking really non-essential stuff like patches. 

Even the knee pads help, if you are not worried about your knees, you can focus more on pewing 😉

What would your answer be to your question?

Cheers

G

Neoprene facemask, love that thing, great cheek weld, bbs don't sting nearly as much, just much better quality of life than a mesh. Ear pro as well, I have reactive earbuds, they're super great for minimizing pyro bangs, 

19 hours ago, Druid799 said:

I have a 2 pairs of converse combats that are respectively 8&7 yrs old that cost me a fair few beer tokens to import from the states (back then they were still owned by converse and NOT Adidas so were still best quality) looking a bit ‘well loved’ now but still good to go .

you get what you pay for ?

plain or biscuit&rasin ??????😍

I do like converse. ;3

My Van to chuck all my kit in, Pot noddles and Jaffa cakes you can’t fight all day on an empty stomach 😆 

• 1 month later...
On 11/01/2019 at 13:48, Adolf Hamster said:

i've been using mine solid since they first came out on evike with zero issues. i've heard the copies are worse although it must be materials as the design is a near perfect dimensional copy.

i suspect part of it may be the use of the slipper clutch, i've heard folk setting it too tight and it ends up breaking the wheel although that's also on the original.

Finally bit the bullet and bought an Odin the other week. 

Used it for it's first game last Saturday, and it performed flawlessly.

I know they're not cheap, but the difference in performance compared to a cheap copy is incredible! 

Something truly unuseful. Sometimes even impeding when it jabs me when I lay on it, worse still the time the pin came undone and it stuck in me. This is a piece of my wife's wedding dress from getting it adjusted and a kilt pin I was given by a Glaswegian biker when I gave him my h&k cap he was admiring when I went to Octoberfest a couple of years back.

IMG_20190213_115414.jpg

2 hours ago, Immortal said:

My lucky charm.

My little Princess gave it to me. She got it at a party when it fell out of a Piñata.

It goes with me to every game:

281539022_LuckyCharm.thumb.JPG.d04002a1cfc63406a79aa42c8b978376.JPG

I swear he was on the Balcony at the Iranian Embassy back in the day.........

26 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

I don’t necessarily need to know why

But the uses of baby wipes are endless 

Hands and bum mostly ;)  

25 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Crikey, your sites must have a low minimum age limit.

Haha Boom tishhh!!

30 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Crikey, your sites must have a low minimum age limit.

Start them early

6 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Hands and bum mostly ;)  

Don’t be tempted by industrial wipes if you forget the baby wipes 

I have never done so, but I know those who have

God yeah, those things are like sandpaper!!

But thats why I have a spare pair of socks in the boot... ;) 

In no particular order:

• Carabiners. I've found that they're very handy for pins from grenades and attaching my gloves to during breaks.
  • Knee pads. These are an absolute life saver and completely overlooked.
  • Mechanix gloves. These speak for themselves. I've seen it more than a few times where someone has gone to pick up a pyro which hasn't gone off, using their bare hands or your £5 eBay specials. I'm waiting for the day someone picks up a pyro that didn't go off with crap gloves, or no gloves at all, only to be left with a nasty burn or worse.
  • Sling - definitely overlooked and well worth investing in a decent one, especially if carrying a sidearm.
  • Final worthy mention... water... what more can I say?

On 13/02/2019 at 12:07, heroshark said:

Something truly unuseful. Sometimes even impeding when it jabs me when I lay on it, worse still the time the pin came undone and it stuck in me. This is a piece of my wife's wedding dress from getting it adjusted and a kilt pin I was given by a Glaswegian biker when I gave him my h&k cap he was admiring when I went to Octoberfest a couple of years back.

IMG_20190213_115414.jpg

Related image

Sir is turely blessed with thy ladies favour! 

Archived