Lipo balance charger

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

In the drone world (racing not commercial) it is widely regarded as one of the best for value for money. Plus if you have a good multimeter you can set the B6 to charge to exactly 4.2V per cell as sometimes the calibration is off straight out the box. 

I have one and rate it. Plus it’s future proof and can charge way more than a 2s lipo. Also storage charge balancing is another massive plus. Which I suspect not a lot of airsofters use. To the degradation of their battery life I may add

As annoying as it is it is worth it. I mean my drone batteries are 95c 4S 1300mah and they drain to empty inbetween 2.5 and 3.5 min depending on how I’m flying. So they get a proper spanking and last a decent amount of time of approx 100-150 charges before they puff. 

I would be intrigued to put a cell checker on most of the lipos we use at a game day to see how bad they are (close to self destruction). 

Also it should go without saying invest in a lipo bag to charge and store them in but I say that to those that do not fully appreciate the dangers of dodgy batteries. 

I brought a second hand gun with two batteries. One was so bad the only thing that I could do was put a nail through it. But I guess the seller didn’t realise how bad it was. Terrifying. 

I have never had a fire. But I charge and store correctly and use a cell checker after every charge and before. I also store drop voltage to 3.7v per cell after every game day and charge the night before. Safest way to be with lipos. 

Airsoft batteries are tiny in comparison. If they go I reckon a bag will save it. But I trust them with high performance batteries as well as do many others. 

They stop the spurting flames if they do catch. But it’s so unlikely for that to happen. Best advice I have is if it’s a squishy battery go to the garden put a nail through it and do not even attempt to do anything else. 

Be sensible, use a good charger and pay attention to voltage. All cells should charge to 4.2v. Anything else and your charger is in all honesty not fit for purpose. 

Put it this way. These are the differences in airsoft and high performance batteries. The square one is a 4s others are 3s. 

Lipo bags work on theses and are proven to.  

8E911203-0D92-4554-9D6C-36013AF118D3.jpeg

• Supporters

I’m an electrical and mechanical Neanderthal and I haven’t blown up any batteries yet so you should be good to go ! 

I use an imax and a couple of bags for storage but charging wise I just make sure I charge them in the same room as me and I do regular maintenance checks plus I alway do all my charging the day before the game . 👍  

@Druid

exactly how it should be. One bit of advice. Invest a few quid in one of these and check your cell voltages. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009LW48LK/ref=asc_df_B009LW48LK57969882/?tag=googshopuk-21&creative=22122&creativeASIN=B009LW48LK&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309816003291&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9991083186603753850&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006466&hvtargid=pla-561848290946

also if you know your not playing get your charger to discharge to 3.7v per cell. Lipos like it and last for ages if you do. 

Archived