The Mall.

DarkAssassin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening all, I am sure this has been asked many times and this is probably in the wrong section, but I am going to ask anyway.

So some friends and I really want to go to the Mall at Reading before it closes, so how do I book into a game day? And when is it planning on shutting it's doors?

Thanks.

1 minute ago, DarkAssassin said:

Evening all, I am sure this has been asked many times and this is probably in the wrong section, but I am going to ask anyway.

So some friends and I really want to go to the Mall at Reading before it closes, so how do I book into a game day? And when is it planning on shutting it's doors?

Thanks.

Hi

You will need a time machine 😉

It closed end of October last year.

Cheers

G

I'm hoping they find a simillar venue, but not heard anything.

• Supporters
42 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Hi

You will need a time machine 😉

It closed end of October last year.

Cheers

G

Only the 9th of Jan but already we have a challenger for comment of the year ! 😂😂😂😂😂

They ran a lot of zombie stuff with laser targeting stuff £70.00 quid a pop which ran a lot more regularly. I will admit this 3rd hand info but in general airsoft isn't that profitable.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, BigStew said:

They ran a lot of zombie stuff with laser targeting stuff £70.00 quid a pop which ran a lot more regularly. I will admit this 3rd hand info but in general airsoft isn't that profitable.

Looks more like 33rd hand lol.

Airsoft was a very consistent thing at the mall 80+ players every Sunday and 50ish every Thursday it's easy enough to work that out.

The mall did have various other revenue streams but airsoft was always a mainstay fixture there. 

People will tell you airsoft isn't profitable and for cqb sites some run on a narrow margin. But at a woodland site where there are a 100 players all paying £20/25 with very little running costs someone is making a nice enough bit of pocket change.

20 hours ago, BigStew said:

It is at the prices the mall charged! 😂

Walk on fees were what £35.00 for the mall it was50/60 players twice a month so low turn over would be 50 grandish add evening games, gun rentals maybe max 70 grand. Sounds like a lot of money but that's just turn over take off rent, insurance, power, rates, taxes,  marshals pay hire gun up keep.

.the profit wont be huge. Hell my local corner shop/ post office has a 300000 anual turner over.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, BigStew said:

Walk on fees were what £35.00 for the mall it was50/60 players twice a month so low turn over would be 50 grandish add evening games, gun rentals maybe max 70 grand. Sounds like a lot of money but that's just turn over take off rent, insurance, power, rates, taxes,  marshals pay hire gun up keep.

.the profit wont be huge. Hell my local corner shop/ post office has a 300000 anual turner over.

50/60 players every other Thursday and 80/110 every Sunday.  

Mall played weekly plus regular private games. Very popular venue but yeah running costs were high, Venue plus staff costs.

11 hours ago, E21A said:

It is at the prices the mall charged! 😂

A woodland site getting a regular 80 plus players at £25per person probably makes more actual profit. Although a derelict site the rent and overheads were still huge.

2 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

50/60 players every other Thursday and 80/110 every Sunday.  

Mall played weekly plus regular private games. Very popular venue but yeah running costs were high, Venue plus staff costs.

A woodland site getting a regular 80 plus players at £25per person probably makes more actual profit. Although a derelict site the rent and overheads were still huge.

didn't realize they got that many players didn't seem as last time i played. i really will miss the Mall it was my teams annual pilgrimage down south.  if they were playing that often they would of had to play business rates that would have been a killer.

Archived