VFC KAC PDW Dry firing

Balint0227Hun
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,
My friend bought a VFC kac pdw yesterday and everything was fine, the gun fired without any problems, but today he wanted to adjust the hop up. After he loaded the factory mag he fired some shots and sometimes it fired fine and sometimes it dry fired and the battery seemed to get hot too. Does anyone know what causes this problem? Thanks! His reddit post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/airsoft/comments/ae87e9/vfc_kac_pdw_dry_fire/

UPDATE: It does not fire at all now

Hi

I had a similar problem when I applied too much hop.

It was causing the BBs to jam.  After I turned the hop right down and used a cleaning rod to clear the BBs, it worked again.

But if he over dry fired he might have burnt out the wiring or trigger contacts, drained the battery etc.

Try checking for BBs stuck in the barrel with the battery removed and disconnected (to protect your eyes).  If there are some, remove them.  Try a new battery, see if it works.

If it still doesn't work it will probably be a more serious problem, which may need opening up the gun to diagnose.

That would be best, if it's brand new from a shop, it will still be under warranty.  Taking it apart would likely void it.

Archived