Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mad Rag

Any Airsofters in the tayside/fife part of scotland?

Recommended Posts

is there any Tayside or fife airsofters on here that play at fife wargames hoping someone can take me under there wing and show me the ropes lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, I think @Arwen is more Edinburgh way.  Wow, that's the far end of Fife.

 

Don't sweat it if you end up going alone: all you need to do to make an airsoft BFF is to ask them about their BFG. ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Smooth_Operator and I are Dundee, however we don't play at FWG due to the bio-only rule. We normally play at Viper Strike (just north of Dundee).

 

It's a very welcoming site, if you visit and see either of us , pop over and say hi and we'll show you around 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Arwen said:

@Smooth_Operator and I are Dundee, however we don't play at FWG due to the bio-only rule. We normally play at Viper Strike (just north of Dundee).

 

It's a very welcoming site, if you visit and see either of us , pop over and say hi and we'll show you around 🙂 

that's great to know, I was thinking about going to viperstrike but for some reason drawn to fwg, I will be trying a few sites see which ones I like. do you play all skirmish dates?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty much, Sunday 20th is next game day at VSA, if you need a hire send them a message via Facebook. Depending on if I get my AEG's fixed I will be the one with the camera (Pictures from last Sunday if you want a wee look) 

Otherwise, I normally wear a mix of gray and tan and have blueish coloured hair. And normally near the guy with all the american camo in the safe zone! 

 

FWG has been around longer than VSA, so you probably heard of it first 😉 

 

Evolution Airsoft is another local site, we occasionally play there too, but the hill kills me :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Arwen said:

Pretty much, Sunday 20th is next game day at VSA, if you need a hire send them a message via Facebook. Depending on if I get my AEG's fixed I will be the one with the camera (Pictures from last Sunday if you want a wee look) 

Otherwise, I normally wear a mix of gray and tan and have blueish coloured hair. And normally near the guy with all the american camo in the safe zone! 

 

FWG has been around longer than VSA, so you probably heard of it first 😉 

 

Evolution Airsoft is another local site, we occasionally play there too, but the hill kills me :lol:

I think I may have seen a few videos on youtube of you. been doing a lot of watching hahah, was think starting a channel my self if it all goes well haha

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol oh no! I'm not sure if I want to see those videos 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well im very much looking forward to my first game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Hmm, I think @Arwen is more Edinburgh way.  Wow, that's the far end of Fife.

 

Don't sweat it if you end up going alone: all you need to do to make an airsoft BFF is to ask them about their BFG. ;)

 

*Anyone but rogerborg

 

You at the depot on the 20th btw?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aengus said:

You at the depot on the 20th btw? 

 

Yup, with Workmate Eddie and New Workmate Alex.  I'll give them the patented friendly-frag treatment. ;)

 

 

3 hours ago, Arwen said:

actually think @Smooth_Operator and I have spoken to @Rogerborg at the Depot, but none of us knew it at the time :lol: 

 

Wait, what?  When was that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ages and ages ago… maybe around march last year? Only figured out as someone had tagged you, or you commented, on one of the depots game day pictures. 

 

Think we were taking about g36's 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arwen said:

Ages and ages ago… maybe around march last year? Only figured out as someone had tagged you, or you commented, on one of the depots game day pictures. 

 

Think we were taking about g36's 😅

This seems legit, as I talk about G36s all the time 😂 

 

@Rogerborg I would've been the guy in German Tropentarn kit wielding either a tan G36K or black G36E.  We're in Dundee by the way 😋

 

@Aengus We probably won't be at the depot on the 20th. Sorry! Will let you know when we'll be there though. 

 

@Mad Rag Get yourself along to Viper Strike at some point. @Arwen and I are there pretty much every game day. We tend to stand out - I'm one of the few Englishmen that turn up and @Arwen and I tend to play on the same team so as to not take any game related feuds home with us 😂 

 

Your best bet for learning the ropes is to turn up and watch what everyone else is doing. It'll very quickly become apparent who knows what they're doing... Pay loads of attention to them and you'll learn quickly. Most of all though, have fun - that's what it's all about. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

 

Yup, with Workmate Eddie and New Workmate Alex.  I'll give them the patented friendly-frag treatment. ;)

Ayye me +2 will be there. Have to try not to piss off Sandy too much with two of us having dyes and hpa 👀.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played there a few times it’s a good field. Windy as hell at times though but it’s always been a good time. If you’re about in Fife try the fortress in Kirkcaldy they’re on every Friday 6pm - 11 cqb indoors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Craigmiestro said:

Played there a few times it’s a good field. Windy as hell at times though but it’s always been a good time. If you’re about in Fife try the fortress in Kirkcaldy they’re on every Friday 6pm - 11 cqb indoors

oh I like the sound of that, will defo get there as I work a perm Sunday so have to take holidays to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Mad Rag said:

oh I like the sound of that, will defo get there as I work a perm Sunday so have to take holidays to play.

It’s a good little site. Pretty fast paced, good players, and a decent site layout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aengus said:

It’s a good little site. Pretty fast paced, good players, and a decent site layout.

choice made ill be going tonight to the fortress and then fwg on Sunday. excitement level +1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mad Rag said:

choice made ill be going tonight to the fortress and then fwg on Sunday. excitement level +1000

Get stuck in an you’ll have a great night guaranteed 👍.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure I will, more gear arrive today so just in time.

1 hour ago, Aengus said:

Get stuck in an you’ll have a great night guaranteed 👍.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mad Rag said:

oh I like the sound of that, will defo get there as I work a perm Sunday so have to take holidays to play.

 Yeah man good bunch there fast paced games. limit is 330fps and no full auto. Just look up the fortress Fife on Facebook for directions and stuff to it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Craigmiestro said:

 Yeah man good bunch there fast paced games. limit is 330fps and no full auto. Just look up the fortress Fife on Facebook for directions and stuff to it 

im going tonight, dont have my own weapon so will be using one of theirs, will you be there tonight 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mad Rag said:

im going tonight, dont have my own weapon so will be using one of theirs, will you be there tonight 

Nah not tonight I won’t be I’ll be there next week. The rentals are pretty shit. G36 rifles that have been around the block a few times. They have a couple of ak47’s They sometimes rent out if you can get one of them then you’re in with a fighting chance. You’ll get looked after though man don’t sweat it mite see you another time if you decide to go back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what a brilliant night, had so much fun. will deffo be going back. !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×