KWC Co2 blowback Uzi

SAS1988
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I managed to acquire a second hand KWC Co2 Blowback Uzi for cheap. I thought I would be adventurous after successfully taking the orange tip off my first airsoft rifle to place a BB tracer on it. 

The label on the item says the nozzle is broken, after inspection from the store. 

Am I correct in saying the right repair for this item is purchasing a new magazine? 

I took the upper receiver apart and found no parts indicative of a nozzle inside the gun, just confirming the entirety of the nozzle on this toy is all included inside the magazine.

Cheers lads. 

No, the nozzle is not in the magazine.  Its the part where the air feeds into the barrel.

You will need to buy a new one specific to your gun.

Not exactly the same as yours but it will look similar to the left part here:

UZI-11.jpg

• Supporters

Best of luck buddy , bit of a jump from taking a flash hider off and replacing Woking parts with no experience. 👍

This looks like it: http://www.skyproairsoft.com/prod_detail.php?item_id=130

Its out of stock though. You could try emailing them or [email protected]  

Here is the manual btw: http://www.kwcgun.com/images/MANUAL/KCB-07.pdf

BTW: worth checking if you have the v1 or v2. V1 mags are out of stock everywhere and very hard to find. 

Dry firing any blowback weapon is not good because they are designed to have a bit of resistance pressure from the BB being fired.  Without a BB in the barrel the mechanism will not be cushioned by the slight back pressure and have higher impact on the stop surfaces.

It may be slight differences but these toys are generally made with the minimum strength materials they can get away with so it doesn't take much material fatigue to make something fail.

So I've been scouring the web looking for parts, and even KWC themselves say they don't have any spare parts available. So it's not for lack of skill that I can't repair this gun, the parts don't exist anymore unless I buy a brand new toy haha. I have two questions - 

what do you consider to be a long lasting, sturdy Co2 blowback rifle with plenty of spare parts support? 

Second question - what do you guys like as far as long lasting AEG machine guns that are a smaller platform like the Uzi? I personally prefer the full metal versions. 

Thanks lads. 

4 hours ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

Love to get one of these but they shoot way too hot for cqb. Anyway of downgrading these?

I don't know how these work but a quick thought would be to file down the hammer or valve just a bit so less gas is released when struck.

21 hours ago, EDcase said:

I don't know how these work but a quick thought would be to file down the hammer or valve just a bit so less gas is released when struck.

Will do a bit of research on this. I would love to rock up to a game with an uzi.

• 1 month later...

Well the spare parts are back in stock! I field stripped my Uzi, put a new spring in, and my Airsoft toy is fully operational. Fantastic. Bought a few extra spare parts so I can make them myself once something breaks. Big jump from taking off a flash hider =p

On 10/01/2019 at 10:39, EDcase said:

Dry firing any blowback weapon is not good because they are designed to have a bit of resistance pressure from the BB being fired.  Without a BB in the barrel the mechanism will not be cushioned by the slight back pressure and have higher impact on the stop surfaces.

It may be slight differences but these toys are generally made with the minimum strength materials they can get away with so it doesn't take much material fatigue to make something fail.

Not sure a .20 gr plastic bb offers that much resistance.

Marui actually supply magazine inserts with their pistols so owners can dry fire them without the slide locking back after every shot.

12 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Not sure a .20 gr plastic bb offers that much resistance...

Not much resistance but next time you have a barrel with bucking and hop out of a gun, try blowing a BB through it. (I can't)

Dry firing won't make a gun explode as soon as its fired but I'm not going to take any chances so will keep it to a minimum ;)

I gave it a go and was only able to find the Guarder threaded barrel for the mini uzi - anybody know if this is interchangeable with the full size uzi by KWC? 

I've not yet been able to find a thread adapter for this toy. 

Anybody got better google skillz than me? =p

8 hours ago, SAS1988 said:

I gave it a go and was only able to find the Guarder threaded barrel for the mini uzi - anybody know if this is interchangeable with the full size uzi by KWC? 

I've not yet been able to find a thread adapter for this toy. 

Anybody got better google skillz than me? =p

Think you might be confused, KWC don't make a full size uzi, they make the mini. Maruzen make the micro. So yes it should fit. Cheers

• 4 months later...

So thanks to everybody's advice, I've been able to completely fix the item and have some great hours of gameplay! 

Unfortunately, a different fault has happened. The bolt assembly now gets stuck as it resets, and requires removal of the magazine to completely come back to it's neutral position (the bolt does not go completely forwards and backwards unless I release the magazine).

What's the problem here and how do I fix it?

Thanks lads. 

If that only happens with no bbs in it then that's normal. It's just the nozzle being stopped by the magazine follower

Archived