Abbey Sniper Gas vs. Nuprol 3.0 Red Gas

DopeYourScope
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Currently running Nuprol Red in my rifle and pistol however as Nuprol do not make mini cans of 3.0, I have found Abbey Sniper Gas which they do make in smaller cans which can be taken out and about. Just wanted to know if anyone's tried both and has an idea of power differences?

• 2 weeks later...

Bought some Abbey gas and done a comparison with my M40A5.

nuprol red gas using 0.45g pellets was 315fps

abbey sniper gas using the same ammo was 298fps for anyone else wanting an idea of power difference

• 8 months later...
On 18/01/2019 at 12:17, DopeYourScope said:

Bought some Abbey gas and done a comparison with my M40A5.

nuprol red gas using 0.45g pellets was 315fps

abbey sniper gas using the same ammo was 298fps for anyone else wanting an idea of power difference

Sorry to drag up an old thread but your comparing the below 2 and found that 3.0 was higher pressure?  I wonder what nuprol 4.0 does.............. 

I ask  because I am looking at picking up some more gas as the weather is getting colder and I am currently running nuprol 2.0 so I could maybe swap to abbey instead of upgrading to 3.0 as I want to keep the power down to 300~. I am running a TM so 300 is about what they are rated for but was going to try abbey predator and nuprol 3.0 but if the abbey brut/vertex (my understanding is they are same pressure just one has lube) is less than the 3.0 I might as well not bother with the predator gas and try  some 3.0 and brut/vertex. 

Brut_Sniper_Gas.jpg

NUPROL-3.0-PREMIUM-GREEN-GAS.jpg

8 hours ago, Musica said:

***snip***

The old adage was that black gas was CO2 pressure so even higher pressure however I’ve not got a can to test. Upon using up my abbey brut stockpile the difference in pressure/power between nuprol 2.0 and brut is negligible.

I would like to spend some more time looking into it however I am now using either straight propane or 2.0 green gas so it’s on the back burner for a while.  

2 minutes ago, DopeYourScope said:

The old adage was that black gas was CO2 pressure so even higher pressure however I’ve not got a can to test. Upon using up my abbey brut stockpile the difference in pressure/power between nuprol 2.0 and brut is negligible.

I would like to spend some more time looking into it however I am now using either straight propane or 2.0 green gas so it’s on the back burner for a while.  

Thanks so much I was recommended brut/vertex at my local site but I was a bit worried since it's the highest power abbey do. I am glad to see it's similar to my 2.0.

• 4 weeks later...

Musica, I have been running Vertex and Brut in my TM glocks for years without issue. 300-310FPS in my G34. I have an unopened can of Nuprol 4.0 should you wish to try that. It kicked like mad in Vz61 and was great fun, but was around 350FPS. I tried Nuprol 3.0 years ago and my TM's didn't like it. Low FPS and poor performance overall, so I never went back to it.

I'll hopefully be back to the Depot mid November.

Archived