Selling rifs and the VCR Act.

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

If I saw someone on here that was a regular I'd happily sell to them with little to no background checks. It's clear that they have a history of playing Airsoft and so that's their defense, which I'm happy with. 

If it was a new user I'd ask for a UKARA.  If they don't have one I'd ask where they play and for some pictures or booking info from a few of their games. Failing that I'd message the owner of the site asking if they'd heard of this person. If I don't believe the person to be of age I'd ask for some ID.

Pretty common sense stuff really. Just chatting with someone you can usually tell if they've been playing a while. General questions and such like what guns do they own, how long they've been playing/where, etc in between responses..

I've had some people sell to me without asking for anything. Depends on the person I guess but that's how I go about checking people's defense. 

• Supporters

Yup.  Commercial sellers - United Kingdom Airsoft Retailers, as it were - can check your UKARA number, name and postcode.  Private sellers can ask the folk running UKARA, although what that really tells you is that they've played at a specific site, so you can also ask the site.

Something to be clear on is that the buyer doesn't "have", nor need, a defence.  The buyer can give the seller evidence that the seller can use as their defence.

It's important to be clear that the buyer is committing no offence by purchasing or attempting to purchase a RIF, with or without any particular reason for wanting it.  The risk is entirely on the seller.

• Supporters

Ask them what colour’s the boat house in herford ? 🤔

If they don’t know then there not a real airsofter ! 😉

11 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

That's easy it's boat colour, what other colour would a boat house be😅

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Keldon said:

That's easy it's boat colour, what other colour would a boat house be😅

Heretic ! 😱

ask Sian Bean , he can tell you ! 😉

• Supporters
1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

Get them to do a Self Player Check

Doesn't appear to be available any more.

You can try just emailing admin at-symbol ukara.org.uk but do please bear in mind that it's a system set up and paid for by retailers, not private sellers.

10 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Doesn't appear to be available any more.

You can try just emailing admin at-symbol ukara.org.uk but do please bear in mind that it's a system set up and paid for by retailers, not private sellers.

Ah well used to be an option, Used to come through when i got the mail to say my UKARA had been renewed. 

Best to just use common sense. If they’ve got loads of posts and are putting up pictures of their RIF’s then it’s safe to assume nothing is gonna come back and bite you on the ass. 

Things I look for:

New member/ low contribution,

Non proper English. “Reet m8. Gun still 4 sale?” That’s an instant no for me.

Are they an evil speedsofter?😂

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Ah well used to be an option, Used to come through when i got the mail to say my UKARA had been renewed. 

Huh, it's just occurred to me that I didn't get a renewal confirmation from UKARA.  And there's no obvious way to check other than to order a RIF and see what happens.

12 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Der boothaus Herford or the boathouse Hereford?

However if you answer with a colour then you didnt really understand the question 

4F023F9D-936D-4680-ABB8-F9EB935F55A5.jpeg

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Immortal said:

AFAIK it's not automated, your game site must renew it.

They told me that they had, but I haven't heard anything from UKARA to confirm it.

5 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

They told me that they had, but I haven't heard anything from UKARA to confirm it.

I never get confirmation, but it does get renewed

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Tommikka said:

Der boothaus Herford or the boathouse Hereford?

Aaahh now see you’ve fallen for the old error of pronouncing it properly it’s not Hereford , it has to be mangled in to  “Herford” in an American accent !

PS no one has ever seen the boathouse, it’s too well concealed ! 😱

😂😂😂

3 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Aaahh now see you’ve fallen for the old error of pronouncing it properly it’s not Hereford , it has to be mangled in to  “Herford” in an American accent !

PS no one has ever seen the boathouse, it’s too well concealed ! 😱

😂😂😂

Or Hearford 

Archived