madmogga

Woolverine Reaper inconsistency

Hi I have an ICS MARS DMR, with a MAXX hop unit, R-Hopped Prometheus 6.03 barrel, maple leaf bucking, when running this as an AEG I had good results and in my back garden was getting a 2” spread at 25mtr. I wanted to try out HPA so purchased a Woolverine Reaper along with one of their Storm regulators, set up went well, However, the constancy of the BB is now way off, instead of a 2” spread its now more like 15” mostly dropping low with the odd few going high. Out of  10 shots 5 will be good with but with 5 flyers going way high or normally low. with most of them dropping low i thought this was an air seal/pressure issues but I’ve checked air seal and nozzle alignment etc and getting consistent FPS with only 2-3 fps variation  so cannot understand why I am now getting shots going high and low. I have tried a couple of different bucking’s but that’s made no difference.

Anyone know what’s going on? or got any tips or suggestions to help improve the constancy ?

I had the exact same issues with mine on an R hop, solved when I put in a madbull red shark bucking and nub.

Wolverine Reaper Electromechanical, currently sat in a drawer cos it was nothing but trouble. I fixed the hop issue but then the nozzle split in two and the replacement gen2 nozzle works intermittently (50/50 whether it retracts to feed)

21 hours ago, Prisce said:

What BB Weights?

I am using .4 BB's - Geoffs 

9 hours ago, sevizy said:

I had the exact same issues with mine on an R hop, solved when I put in a madbull red shark bucking and nub.

Wolverine Reaper Electromechanical, currently sat in a drawer cos it was nothing but trouble. I fixed the hop issue but then the nozzle split in two and the replacement gen2 nozzle works intermittently (50/50 whether it retracts to feed)

Ok thanks Ive seen a lot of people say the madbull red shark is good for HPA because of the extra grip in the bucking lips so ive ordered a couple to give them a try