DMR

Gareth Timms
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I'm a noob to airsoft and brought myself a Asg devil rifle as a project gun to change to a DMR,

1: to save my a pretty penny.

2: to help myself to sort any problem that may arise.

What's the best thing to start with in the up grade? department as this will b a slow process.

Tons of threads on turning a gun into a DMR, go read them.

99% of the things should apply to your rifle as well.

Basically:

Remove any air leak, shim dem gears, correct AOE, high speed gears + high torque motor, mosfet + electronic trigger. R-hop and quality barrel.

• Supporters

hey mate, welcome, you say your a noob & have bought an asg devil as a starter/base for a dmr project.

which devil did you get ?, my google search came up with a few in different lengths & specs, & what's its current fps & accuracy like ?.

I'm asking this as the dmr role is not unlike that of a sniper, lots of cons vs pros, & not everyone finds its for them, often after throwing a load of money at guns etc.

basically what I'm saying is, if your current aeg is up to it, is to try the "role" with what you've got, single shot only, observing minimum engagement distance rules, maybe using only low or mid cap mags, & any other obscure rules that may apply to the sites you intend to play at, all before you start throwing money at it.

I've got one rifle that I intend to make a dedicated dmr, but to be honest I use all my rifles in a similar manner, single aimed shots irrespective of the varied fps, they're all stock & prob the most powerful is only 335ish fps, but all perform well, which goes to show power isn't everything.

good luck

34 minutes ago, Tackle said:

hey mate, welcome, you say your a noob & have bought an asg devil as a starter/base for a dmr project.

which devil did you get ?, my google search came up with a few in different lengths & specs, & what's its current fps & accuracy like ?.

I'm asking this as the dmr role is not unlike that of a sniper, lots of cons vs pros, & not everyone finds its for them, often after throwing a load of money at guns etc.

basically what I'm saying is, if your current aeg is up to it, is to try the "role" with what you've got, single shot only, observing minimum engagement distance rules, maybe using only low or mid cap mags, & any other obscure rules that may apply to the sites you intend to play at, all before you start throwing money at it.

I've got one rifle that I intend to make a dedicated dmr, but to be honest I use all my rifles in a similar manner, single aimed shots irrespective of the varied fps, they're all stock & prob the most powerful is only 335ish fps, but all perform well, which goes to show power isn't everything.

good luck

Thnx for getting back. It's the 14.5" devil. I've done all the cosmetics. Just want to up the fps. It's running at 277fps at the moment.

It is more than pumping up the fps, you need consistency (regardless of the muzzle energy).

Trust me, go read the other threads 

• Supporters

Start with heavier ammo, .3's or even .4's if your wallet can stomach it.

Then look at the hop, the quickest, cheapest and easiest to do will be to flathop it, this will help you lift the heavier ammo. Its a good time to drop in a good quality barrel while your in there.

Then as tackle says try it out, see if you can keep to the long distance aimed single shots playstyle, if you find yourself looking for more then you can think about cracking open that box and going for heavier springs, sorting out air leaks etc.

There's no point in blasting .2's out at 450fps only to have them be blown about all over the show and not hit anything.

https://airsoft-forums.uk/topic/43707-hamster’s-guide-to-the-sort-of-science-of-pew-pewing/

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Gareth Timms said:

Thnx for getting back. It's the 14.5" devil. I've done all the cosmetics. Just want to up the fps. It's running at 277fps at the moment.

while the fps is low for a dmr, my tm m4s is about the same & awesome, so yours is fine as an all rounder.

reiterating what I said earlier about trying the role first, any mates you can borrow a suitable gun from before committing ?, m14's are especially good for dmrs, the feel alone epitomizes a marksmans rifle, & the tm's & cyma's are well made.

Archived