New

Mad Rag
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I’m new to the airsoft community and I’m really excited to be joining such a brilliant sport. Just looking for and pointers tips suggestions ect. I’ve got most of my gear, combats chest rig helmet gloves face protection ect but no weapon, not got the budget for that yet.

So year hints and tips welcomeJ

19 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Hi and welcome!

There's plenty of info to read up on here so make sure to do that before buying a weapon.

im not planning on getting a weapon any time soon. thanks for the tip

4 minutes ago, EDcase said:

The force is strong with you ;)

I am sooooo excited I cant wait t oplay my first game. I have a fair few site close to me that all offer different environments with around the same costs.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Mad Rag said:

I’ve got most of my gear, combats chest rig helmet gloves face protection ect but no weapon, not got the budget for that yet.

Then I'd recommend a site with a bang kill rule.

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers

G

• Moderators

Welcome, enjoy your stay...and spending increase!! :D

1 hour ago, djben9 said:

Welcome, enjoy your stay...and spending increase!! :D

Ha-ha, I have noticed this already. Let’s just say eBay has been my best friend got all my gear from there. Got my first game on Sunday, place in Fife Scotland called fife wargames. They have a very good site on an old ww2 airfield.  

had such a good day yesterday, there was some really intense games a lot of heated discussions and around some sore hits lol. think i have decide on-my first gun, an m4 

• Supporters

Intense games good, heated discussions not so good.  It is just a game.

Got a brand of M4 in mind, or a budget?

G&G Combat Machines are the default value-for-money proposition, but if you're really tight for budget and squeezing every penny, the basic CMYAs do actually work.

55 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Got a brand of M4 in mind, or a budget?

got a really tight budget, i really like the sound and look of the weapon i had yesterday, was a firehawk i think im not sure (not clued up on the gun names/brands. 

yeah we had some issues with the other team not taking there hits, i had one guy that dived bomb for the 'bomb' and i hit him, shouted that i hit him, no reply,he was lay on his front with the box in front of him so i stood up and he got peppered with full auto lol. 

.was a really good day, i had a action cam on my chest rig but the footage wasn't that great. need a go-pro. urgh airsoft cost so much money starting out hahah 

• Supporters

That'll be a G&G Firehawk, great fun little guns, although I'd avoid the "DSG" (dual sector gear) version as it has no semi auto mode.

When buying a G&G you'll have to budget for some Lipo batteries and a charger.

Even the cheapest CYMA comes with a battery and a dumb charger, so you can pick up and play.

Mid to long term, the G&G is a better gun.  But if it's a case of buying a CYMA, or not playing, they do work.  I'll be using mine in CQB this Sunday.

57 minutes ago, Mad Rag said:

i had one guy that dived bomb for the 'bomb' and i hit him, shouted that i hit him, no reply,he was lay on his front with the box in front of him so i stood up and he got peppered with full auto lol.

Hmm.

First, it's hard to be sure that you've actually hit someone.  BBs can slip by, drop off at the last second, hop over, or get deflected by the skimpiest of cover.  Heck, guns can misfeed and just shoot air for a few trigger pulls.

Second, it can be hard to tell that you've been hit, especially if you're moving, or wearing a vest, or it pings off of an item of gear that's already bouncing around.  It's very aggravating, but it happens: please don't take it personally or assume that the target is cheating.

If someone doesn't take a hit - which may be genuinely because they didn't feel it - then a couple more semis or a quick burst of auto is called for.  It's more effective than shouting at them.

Rinsing someone down, or cheat calling, is a bad habit to get into.  You wouldn't want either one to happen to you when it's your turn to not realise that you've been hit - and that will happen, no matter how good your intentions.

When everything's calmed down, best thing is to let a marshal know, and suggest a test shot on that player - hopefully not "The guy in the camo". ;)

Oh I do love a firehawk! Definitely get one if you like the style. Although it is short, all the ones I have seen shoot at range no problem. You may need earplugs after a while though :D

Looked like this?
image.png.90c2a3f4c4126b67fa05069bdfeaec9b.png

@Rogerborg  Thanks for the advice. It was all good and we had a laugh about it. was quite a funny moment haha/

@Arwen Thats exactly it i want it so bad. Want one so bad after having it yesterday. 

• Supporters

Heh, glad to hear it.  It's great when everyone is having a laugh.

The Firehawk is a good shout if your budget stretches to it.  I'm a big fan of stubby guns, and have been surprised by how accurate my MP5K is even outdoors with a similar inner barrel length to the Firehawk.

@Rogerborg I just loved the feel, the weigh and pure love the sound it made like it was orgasmic lol. I had my crappy 20 quid action cam on my chest right but footage was rubbish. need to get a Hemet adapter for the side rail but struggling to get one. getting my self a gun sling too, even though I don't have a weapon it will be easier for me when im hiring.

• Supporters

I’d say take your time and try a few other guns first you’ll more than likely fall in and out of love with it and fall in love with another gun multiple times (most airsofters are just gun whores) before you find ‘the one !’ 😉

• Supporters

He's right though.  Airsoft guns are like motorcycles.  The last one you used is the mostest favouritest and bestest one EVER.

That's why I have three of each... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

so i have officially got my first  weapon. a single action spring  pistol two tone. got a message from my granddad last night saying look what i got. i went down and he presented it to me. he only paid 12.00 odd and my god it has some kick. but its a small start. 13th march i can apply for ukara. got 2nd game on the 10th looking forward to it. 

Archived