Continuous Auto Fire...

Arwen
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So my faithful little G&G finally freaked out after using it pretty much twice a month for the past year and a half. Half way through a game yesterday morning it freaked out, thankfully noone got hurt!  I spent the rest of the day shooting with my camera, as a little change of pace :lol:

Now when I put it on single shot and pull the trigger, it fires fully auto continuously until I switch it back to safe. Same happens when on full auto. 

I'm planning on taking a look at it tonight, other than checking the trigger contacts, I'm not sure what else could cause this behaviour.

Anyone any ideas?

Check the cut off lever hasn’t broken or that the trigger dolly isn’t sticking or some part has broken off. When you click it back to safe it might knock it away from the contacts. 

Might be a broken selector plate.

When in full auto it pushes a knob linked to the cutoff, it may be misaligned or something and it could be pushing that knob regardless of the semi/full position.

Well, I've taken all to bits. The only damage I can see is the plastic where the top of the trigger meets the plastic of the switch. 

However I think the culprit is the spring that sits between the trigger switch assembly thing and the tappet plate has lost it's head !

I think I have a spare... Some where 😅

I think this would make sense as flicking it to safe would force the switch apart, even without the spring being there. Right? 

Archived