Rushers / Speedsofters

Cleggy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I think the only time Speedsofting may be negative to a game (IME) is when there is a limited amount of respawns for a team.

We get a few Speedsofters in games occasionally and I have no issue with it. But it isn't so cool when they are just getting hit constantly using up the teams lives when the other players are trying to make them count. It's not the Speedsofting style rather than the rate and amount of spawns they get through.

However if spawns are unlimited then it's of no consequence how you play as long as it's fair.

I don't agree with Spawn camping but it depends how extreme. KM is an extreme spawn camper for example, literally scalping players in the spawn (but you aren't doing that so all good). Sometimes teams just get pushed back so far you end up playing on the boarder of the spawn unless the Marshals intervene.

For me a good day is when both teams have a mix of players who shoot at range, and some that do the rushing game play. 

So long as you take your hits and don't overkill I don#t see a problem. Some people always have to whine though... They feel that their bbs go further than they think, or that they are auto seeking bbs :rolleyes:

53 minutes ago, Cleggy said:

I wouldn't say speedsofting isn't tactical though, I plan my route in a way that allows friendlies to push and gain positions, trading with a camper to regain rooms and what not. It's tactical play to be fast and efficient, rather than laying down 5 mags down a narrow corridor hoping for the best.

I wasn’t suggesting it wasn’t tactical. I think just assume you’re running around like a headless chicken giving people more shots to the head than a bukkake party

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, Immortal said:

I think the only time Speedsofting may be negative to a game (IME) is when there is a limited amount of respawns for a team.

We get a few Speedsofters in games occasionally and I have no issue with it. But it isn't so cool when they are just getting hit constantly using up the teams lives when the other players are trying to make them count. It's not the Speedsofting style rather than the rate and amount of spawns they get through.

However if spawns are unlimited then it's of no consequence how you play as long as it's fair.

I don't agree with Spawn camping but it depends how extreme. KM is an extreme spawn camper for example, literally scalping players in the spawn (but you aren't doing that so all good). Sometimes teams just get pushed back so far you end up playing on the boarder of the spawn unless the Marshals intervene.

I’ve never come across this system before (set number of team lives) what site uses it ? 

Only ever come across individual lives in game .

I think he means a limited number of re-spawns for the team as a whole.  Eg at one of the sites I play at regularly defenders may have 20 respawns, and attackers have unlimited to keep the game moving.  One defender might use 10 respawns, while another might get none if he gets killed after all the 20 have been used up.

1 minute ago, MisterG said:

I think he means a limited number of re-spawns for the team as a whole.  Eg at one of the sites I play at regularly defenders may have 20 respawns, and attackers have unlimited to keep the game moving.  One defender might use 10 respawns, while another might get none if he gets killed after all the 20 have been used up.

I don't think anyone would rush in like a headless chicken though if you have a limited amount of respawns for the team unless they are 100% noob of the earth. I agree though, speedsofting could be detrimental in these circumstances, but wasn't the case in the original post. 

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I’ve never come across this system before (set number of team lives) what site uses it ? 

site i used to go to would occasionally run that for killhouse games, respawn you left the killhouse and went to the marshalls tower (using your appropriate team entrance/exit) and they could could the number of folk coming out from either team.

normally they'd run set number of lives per person instead of per team.

43 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Some games at Dogtag will have a limted amount of lives. The rules can vary according to the game scenario. It can be a specific number for the whole team or can be limited to the individuals on the team (relying on pure honesty sometimes).

It may be as Mister G said that attackers are unlimited and defenders have 1, when the 1 life is up you fall back to the next section of the arena in play. Sometimes it's just say 50 respawns on both teams where once they're gone they're gone and the game draws to an end.

My comment is for the latter scenario. It doesn't apply to all Speedsofters and rushers alike. It's just many (IME) do get through more lives rushing in, getting hit, rushing back & repeat. Not saying they aren't taking scalps in the process but if the individual uses 10+ lives out of 70 and there's 70 on a team it's a little unfair as they are meant to be on a team. I've been walking to respawn and one fella has run back and forth 3 times lapping me. Perhaps I'm just slow and old (fashioned). lol :lol: (Granted some people will get hit more than others but that's natural IMHO).

Perhaps in hindsight my wording in my previous post is unfair singling out Speedsofters. I've seen normal skirmishers doing the same on occasions and I guess a percentage are Rushers. But the principle is the same (for me) regarding a fair use of respawns.

Like I said not all games are like that and when lives are unlimited it's no issue at all. It's no issue either way tbh as it's just a game but I do like a level of fairness not just in who you're fighting but also whom you are fighting with. Respect perhaps? It is a game afterall, it's gotta be fun for all.

I think I'm rambling and starting to deviate.... looooooool :lol:

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Cleggy said:

However when it gets to the point where firing rounds at me when Im dead (multiple rounds on multiple occasions) shooting me when the games not even started and just laughing it off and in game rage (Heard someone calming him down I think) due to dying is a different kettle of fish. I've never seen that sort of anger in Paintball, nor Airsoft before

That's out of order and needs to be brought to the attention of the marshals, calmly and constructively.  I imagine that they start all briefings with "Don't be a dick, just play the game; no overkill; cheat calling is as bad as cheating..." and all the usual platitudes.  Find out if they mean it.

37 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Exactly.

• Supporters

Ahh right nearest I’ve come to that is my regular site if we’re doing a multi base game then the attackers have unlimited lives untill the last 15mins and defenders keep falling back till last base and it’s dead and out 

There are so many ways on managing numbers of lives/respawns and how respawning occurs.

One slightly different method over another can majorly influence game play, tactics used by each side and the results

I do like to see how one method or another affects a venue and mission 

Bleeding out was a fairly new one to me when I began to watch airsoft and seeing it as quite standard, it was similar to one of the medic styles we put into some of our events:

We tagged all players with a laminated card, and gave designated medics a pack containing their arm band, spare cards and a hole punch.

The generals and medics on each side could then decide on how to operate their medics - up in a firefight or just back enough to be safe.  When players were hit they could decide on how they wanted to respawn:

1) the long walk for a ‘free’ spawn at a designated point or they could take a break in the safe zone.  No hole punches 

2) falling back to the medic for a nearer spawn getting their card punched, then getting a fresh card once full

3) staying put, possibly still in danger of being shot in crossfire.   Calling upon a combat medic to rush in to punch their card back to life, and perhaps needing a new card as well adding to the delay and risk to the medic

4) medics couldn’t be healed and had to fall back to respawn, and subsequent players had to fall back to respawn due to missing medic - or wait

1 was time consuming and lost players from crucial objectives

2 kept medics safe and a good flow of players

3 kept the ground that had been gained, and was pivotal quite a few times

4 was very likely and medics were targeted causing sudden losses when victory was almost in your hand 

There were a few bragging rights earned by those wearing a lot of punched cards, but the medics came out on top 

7 hours ago, Tommikka said:

There are so many ways on managing numbers of lives/respawns and how respawning occurs.

One slightly different method over another can majorly influence game play, tactics used by each side and the results

I do like to see how one method or another affects a venue and mission 

Bleeding out was a fairly new one to me when I began to watch airsoft and seeing it as quite standard, it was similar to one of the medic styles we put into some of our events:

We tagged all players with a laminated card, and gave designated medics a pack containing their arm band, spare cards and a hole punch.

The generals and medics on each side could then decide on how to operate their medics - up in a firefight or just back enough to be safe.  When players were hit they could decide on how they wanted to respawn:

1) the long walk for a ‘free’ spawn at a designated point or they could take a break in the safe zone.  No hole punches 

2) falling back to the medic for a nearer spawn getting their card punched, then getting a fresh card once full

3) staying put, possibly still in danger of being shot in crossfire.   Calling upon a combat medic to rush in to punch their card back to life, and perhaps needing a new card as well adding to the delay and risk to the medic

4) medics couldn’t be healed and had to fall back to respawn, and subsequent players had to fall back to respawn due to missing medic - or wait

1 was time consuming and lost players from crucial objectives

2 kept medics safe and a good flow of players

3 kept the ground that had been gained, and was pivotal quite a few times

4 was very likely and medics were targeted causing sudden losses when victory was almost in your hand 

There were a few bragging rights earned by those wearing a lot of punched cards, but the medics came out on top 

Interesting way of using medics (punchcards etc). Seems to be what the US games do a lot (or a variant of what you described).

I've only played one place (Battle Lakes) with the bleed out rule and it sorta worked, mostly not IMHO. One thing that seemed a little off was "dead men can't talk" which is normal but apparently nor can a wounded one?!

That seemed a little daft as that is one time to be very vocal.... "MEDIC!!!!"

I wonder; did the whole card punching and not leaving to respawn lead to arguements as it may appear like your not taking hits if you just bunker down, stay in the spot and carry on as if nothing has happened (once card is punched etc)?

I guess if the rule is clearly known then 'no'.

• Supporters

the way i've seen the americans do it which is quite interesting is the buddy/medic system where first hit you just get tagged back in by anyone, but you get hit again you need a medic who makes you drink a bottle of water  then you're back in (interesting way of keeping folks hydrated).

of course if the medic gets downed or he runs out of water it's a long walk to respawn.

kind of like the idea as it means a medic only has a limited amount of respawning he can do while out in the field, so a trapped squad can eventually be wiped out once the medic is out of water bottles to dish out.

the universal problem i've noticed with medic games employed here is medics that don't understand the role, or sites dishing it out the wrong people, so you end up with support gunner medics rushing into objectives, getting killed, then leaving their comrades to fend for themselves.

For me your one of the best in the game just wish I was young enough to keep up with you

• Supporters

The card thing just seems way to complicated to me , you can’t get half the players on site to even remember the team objective let alone getting cards punched , etc .

the systems I like are ;

General Medic game , you get hit stand up in plain view arm in the air shout “medic !” team mate joins you , they can either pull you down behind cover or run you to cover once in cover hand on shoulder , 5second count , back in BUT if your hit again that player can’t medic you back in until you’ve been medic’ed by a different player to avoid the old game stopper of two guys in an objective continuously medic’ing each other back in ! 

Second medic game ; dedicated medics and only they can bring you back to life .

Both systems if you get hit again whilst being medic’ed then the medic is hit as well (considered a ‘shoot through’) and they now need to be revived , when medic in play there’s also a bleed out rule if your not medic’ed back in you shout “bleeding out!” Then move back BEHIND your teams front line and get medic’ed back in . 

• Supporters

I absolutely hate when people rush in, trying to get one hit before they are hit out, respawn, repeat. It's too paintball-y for me. I play trying to stay alive, slice corners properly, use suppressive fire and outsmart the opposition.

Having said that, it's not against the rules and we are all different, so go for it.

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, Samurai said:

I absolutely hate when people rush in, trying to get one hit before they are hit out, respawn, repeat. It's too paintball-y for me. I play trying to stay alive, slice corners properly, use suppressive fire and outsmart the opposition.

Having said that, it's not against the rules and we are all different, so go for it.

people like you need people like them, every cautious player needs some cannon fodder to draw the opposition out of hiding :P

this is why i like having a few on side, someone to run ahead and get blasted by the sneaky buggers hiding in the bushes so i can go hunt them down.

About the knife kills, it's all about attitude.

I got knife killed 4 times by this African fella who always wore Yiki-tabi (ninja shoes) to the indoor CQB site I was frequenting at the time.

I was pissed off but that was just a reflection of my incompetence at the situation, so instead of being salty I befriended him and asked him what he does and how he does it... And I learned something.

9 hours ago, Immortal said:

Interesting way of using medics (punchcards etc). Seems to be what the US games do a lot (or a variant of what you described).

I've only played one place (Battle Lakes) with the bleed out rule and it sorta worked, mostly not IMHO. One thing that seemed a little off was "dead men can't talk" which is normal but apparently nor can a wounded one?!

That seemed a little daft as that is one time to be very vocal.... "MEDIC!!!!"

I wonder; did the whole card punching and not leaving to respawn lead to arguements as it may appear like your not taking hits if you just bunker down, stay in the spot and carry on as if nothing has happened (once card is punched etc)?

I guess if the rule is clearly known then 'no'.

It didn’t cause any issues (of course to the best of my knowledge, and not referred to in feedback)

But it was used in specific events / missions and the faction leaders used medics in such a way that these spawns were out in the open, and it wasn’t in heavy woodland etc where it could appear that you spawned walking around the ‘magic bush’.

The player would tend to be in a hard firefight, so hunkering down low, a medic running and ducking in, the punch and wipe down (due to paintball)

I wouldn’t employ the rule generally

5 hours ago, snaggletooth said:

About the knife kills, it's all about attitude.

I got knife killed 4 times by this African fella who always wore Yiki-tabi (ninja shoes) to the indoor CQB site I was frequenting at the time.

I was pissed off but that was just a reflection of my incompetence at the situation, so instead of being salty I befriended him and asked him what he does and how he does it... And I learned something.

Game I played; a fella on the opposing team lay down and covered himself in leaves till we passed through the area.

He got up and knife killed about 20 of us!!! Brilliant.... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/01/2019 at 18:43, Immortal said:

Game I played; a fella on the opposing team lay down and covered himself in leaves till we passed through the area.

He got up and knife killed about 20 of us!!! Brilliant.... :lol:

I did something very similar. Woodland game but there is a Fort there with lots of passages, no bang kills allowed at this site but semi only in the Fort. We were defending the Fort and some mates buried me alive in a load of long foliage, nettles and leaves and whatever else it was right near one entrance. I was sat dead still with my rifle waiting for attackers to walk past my firing line and then would pick them off without moving (about 3 to 5 metres away). Everyone took their hits 👏🏻. Virtually all didn't know where it came from. One guy worked it out after being hit and laughed and liked it 👍🏻. Then soon after there was a group of maybe 3 players, I was hit, called hit loud and clear, hand up clear, as I'm now in the process of standing up I get a short full auto blast from one of these twots. I didn't particularly care but called yeah hit again and kept arm up. Now I'm standing gun facing down walking over the foliage to get out and another 2 second auto burst at me from the same twot! We are about 3m from each other! "yeah alright I'm hit ffs" and he stops, some dumb numb expression on his face and not a word from his mouth. Walked out the Fort to a mate who was talking to a Marshall about someone who was using full auto in there. As we were talking you can hear it going every now and again. If I remember right the Marshall got everyone together and of course the coward never owned up so we all got another 'kind' reminder of the rules.

I haven't played much but that is the only time I have been pissed off...and I still respected the game and site so didn't get abusive or shitty with him.

Loong story😴 to make a short point backing up the above posts. But yes best to go tell a Marshall, there are 100% some cunts out there, there are 100% some decent people out there. Don't let them get away with that, they aren't welcome in the sport

If you're ever in the Lincolnshire area look for the sites I currently play at,love guys like you on my team hate when your on the opposite side,you keep playing the way you enjoy,there's a lad who plays just like you at the sites I go to he's a villain but thank the lord up to now he's been my villain👍 

Archived